To a flame

I sipped my mug of blood as I waited for my 40 minutes of hell. I didn't know why I even bothered to show up to this stupid thing. But then again if I failed to show up to any event, my family could be disgraced, otherwise I would've just stayed in my chambers until they took me away from here. Fangirls looked upon me with jealousy.
"She probably blackmailed him to give her the extra time." Serena slut bag spread rumors about me and my 40 minutes of hell to the fangirls, making them hate me even more.
I told her that she could just back off and do both of us a favor when she and the rest of the fangirls came up to me and asked me what I used to blackmail Nathaniel. As soon as the rest of the girls left and gave up, Serena looked me in the eye. "The prince is never going to choose you no matter how much you blackmail him." She said every word with hatred filled in each and every one of them. " besides," she got up to leave, finally. "I'm the better choice. I'm prettier, I'm smarter, and of course I'm way sexier." I opened my mouth to protest, but she got called into the room for her 30 minutes.
"Ta ta." She waved and went in. The walls weren't sound proof, unfortunately. I could hear her undress was soon as she got in. Nathaniel growled when the undressing stopped I cursed in my mind. The thought made me fell sick and a little angry. I wasn't jealous god no. But then I heard the four words that really made my blood boil, " I love you Serena." Coming from Nathaniel, a dozen thoughts swept my mind. I felt an urge to stop what was happening inside. I stopped it, god knows what would happen to me if I went in there. The moaning stopped and Serena put her clothes on in a flash. She came out messed, up. But she didn't care about her looks, to the fangirls, it was more attractive than ever. She shot a glare my way and went off showing off her hickeys she'd got from her visits.
I stepped into the room for my turn. Nathaniel walked over and started kissing my neck. This time he pulled off my shirt, but I was focused on something else.
" why are you doing this?"
" hmm?" He looked up.
" everyone knows your going to choose Serena."
He scoffed. "No way am I choosing a Drasgon." He continued kissing my neck, strangely though, I kind of liked it.
"Did you mean it?"
" mean what? " he asked. "That I'm not choosing a Drasgon?"
I shook my head. " that night when you carried me to my chambers."
He grabbed my hips and pulled me to him and whispered to me, his warm breath in my ear. "I'll explain. Just meet me in the palace gardens after lunch." His lips then found its way to my lips. Much to both of our surprises, I kissed him back running my fingers through his hair. He pinned me to the wall, his kissing more intense that any before. His hands up and down me, making me feel a strange sensation. This time, it didn't fell like hell, somehow. On my way out I didn't even give a message to the vampires behind the camera, I forgot about it all together. I left confused, angry,happy, a bundle of emotions attached to me.
Lunch rolled by sooner than I thought it would. All the competitors were expected to dine together. Most of lunch was telling fangirls to shove off. I didn't know what they wanted. I guessed it was something to do with Serena since she was glaring at me half the time. I sipped the blood. Fresh. They must've had a new delivery. I made my way past glares and scowls and went to the palace gardens. The prince owed me an explanation. And I intended to have it. Nathaniel was already there. Sitting down on a bench watching me enter Before he could say a word, a group of vampires grabbed him by the arms and took him. A bomb exploded nearby. There was screaming, yelling, but nothing could throw me off. I clutched my stakes and followed the men to an underground room. I stayed behind a wall waiting for all of them to turn around. The right moment to pounce and kill them.
"We have the prince boss." One of them said to another. The big bulky one who the vampires referred to as "boss" had a stake in hand. It was now or never I threw a stake at one, the vampire fell to the ground dead. Nathaniel joined me to fight pulling out his own stake. We were outnumbered, but numbers didn't matter. One of them attempted to sneak up on us. I jumped on top of him and ripped his head off. We kept on fighting, no matter how many wounds they inflicted. By the time we'd killed every one of them, I had lost a lot of vampire blood. We were going to head back until I felt a huge searing pain. One of the vampires stabbed me in the side. I fell to the ground in pain.Nathaniel staked the guy fast, but as he pulled the stake out of the vampire, the last one came up behind him. I swiped a stake off the floor and threw it at him as hard as I could. He fell with a thump. Nathaniel's face hovered over me as he pulled the stake out. I screamed in pain.
"You're going to be okay raven." He picked me up and headed out of the underground room. My visions blurred the last thing I saw was Nathaniel's face as he carried me out, determination and a whole lot more written across his face. I didn't exactly have enough energy to read his face. He ran out to the palace garden. There was no more screaming, everything was as peaceful as before. I smiled and closed my eyes.