Wake

All i remembered was a few snips of what I'd missed. Being carried through some woods, the sound of a pen iron door being pulled open and closed.

I woke up truly with a start.

I sat up and looked around. I felt a soft mattress under me.Wait, this isn't college! I gasped as I looked around, dirt walls enforced with steel plates. I got up against the wall behind the bed until a soft, relieving touch found its way to my forehead. I looked back into the eyes of Nathaniel as Jordan and freya came in with what looked like some human knives and traps.

"Where are the rest?" I asked, confused.

"They went back to deal with some, business." Freya said, looking at Jordan worriedly.

"What is this place?" I asked because this was definitely not college or the palace. I stood up and got out of the bed I was happily resting on.

Nathaniel sighed and shook his head. "It's one of my underground getaway places. I'd forgotten where I had put this one, but let's just say I found it."

I furrowed my brow, "I didn't know you liked architecture."

He scratched his head in embarrassment and blushed, "well yeah...I mean kind of." I laughed and shook my head.

"It's fine to like architecture." I reassured him.

Jordan held up the traps and knifes she was carrying around all that time. "Animal blood is a good substitute, wanna come?" They left to get everything prepared. Jordan's head popped out from behind a wall and smiled. I smiled back and she lifted the steel flap and went.

"So ." I said, when Freya and Jordan left. "Sorry for lashing out at you about Tessa."

Nathaniel cracked a smile. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything, tessa, giving up your blood to save me even though I didn't deserve it and it nearly killed you."

I shook my head. "It's not a big deal, compared to what you did for me."

"Yes it is." He came closer with every word. "I nearly killed you." The way he put it was harsh, but there was no escaping it. I was leaning against the wall with Nathaniel inches away.

"Maybe." I said, my breathing became heavier and heavier. "But love does strange things to all of us, doesn't it?"

We only got closer and closer, until our faces practically touched. And then, with one swift motion, he wrapped his hand around my waist and let his lips meet mine. I joined in and let my hands cup his face and stroke his hair. Kiss after kiss, I never wanted it to stop. His hands touching every part of me, his lips moving down my neck and up again. I'd never felt more comfortable doing it. For once, I wanted him to caress me in such a way.

We pulled away to catch our breath.

"Come on." I said as he came close again. "They'll be waiting for us."

Nathaniel's lips twisted into a sly smile. " we'll continue this later then."

I laughed as he dipped me and pressed his lips to mine once again.

"Later." I warned him, laughing as he carried me out.