Meet the humans

Foxfire college was a lively place, full of humans scattering about, rushing to classes. I inhaled the sweet autumn air, along with it, was the sound of fresh, pumping blood. Nathaniel had all sorted out, he gave us a charm to help with the hunger, to allow us to eat human food. I was starting to be glad he came. But nonetheless, they were humans.
"You alright?" Nathaniel came up behind me. I snapped my head around to find a longing gaze, one I wanted to return.
"It just feels so strange," I whispered, "I'm supposed want their blood. Yet they've done nothing to deserve so."
Nathaniel chuckled and sighed, "I guess that's the pain of being a predator, guilt." I smiled and dragged him to the clubs center.
"If we are to stay here, might as well get to know the place first."

He threw his head back and laughed as the others joined in. In the center of the square was what looked like a dance.

"Go on!" Jordan urged. I refused, I didn't know any human dances. I was about to walk away before Jordan pushed me into Nathaniel's arms.

Shit.

"So how bout a dance?" He asked while helping me up to my feet. I couldn't bring myself to say no. And so he twirled me around the floor. Human dances weren't that hard to imitate. There was one Called the waltz, all it was ,was people saying one two three over and over as people stepped onto each other's toes, shouldn't be that hard.

After a couple of dances, we separated to meet and socialize with a bunch of people. I saw a girl run up to Nathaniel like one of his fan girls, I zoned in on their conversation.

"So you're new here right?" Her gaze lingered to nathaniels chest. Oh well, I guess abs were attractive here then.

"I'm Tessa. I could show you around." She inched closer to him with every word. Jealousy boiling inside me, I walked over.

"Nathaniel!" I shouted his name. "I saw some stuff you might like." Tessa tensed, the brunette clearly a little shaken.

"Do I sense a little jealousy?" He teased as we left Tessa standing there. I didn't feel bad one bit.

I rolled my eyes, "you wish." It came out harsher than I thought.

"College basketball."I quickly changed the subject, "wanna give it a try?"

"I don't know..." Nathaniel began.

"Come on! It'll be just like stake training except with balls and less violence." He had to do something, otherwise, we might get looked upon, besides, kicking a few asses couldn't hurt.

Tryouts was simple, make it in the top 10, your in. Apparently, foxfire didn't like filling its benches.

They had all the people play, and judges taking notes. Nathaniel was on the opposing team, I felt his breath fresh on my neck, a tingling sensation as he tried to take the ball. It worked.

Damn!

He shot a basket, the judges pens moving ever so faster.

The next rounds were easier, I reminded myself not to be distracted by his tricks. One basket after another, I had to say, it was fun.
"Thank you all for trying out." The judges announced as we left, chugging down water as if we were starving.
The others were already biting into their burgers hungrily.
"So..." maya came in, with her usual tease. "What happened to you two today? Kiss yourself tired?" Jackson was halfway through another laughing session before I shot him a glare that shut him up.
"Well as you know, we get tired easily now we're on human mode, with just our strength and speed left" maya raised her eyebrow.

"Relax." Nathaniel it in. "We were just trying out for basketball."

Jordan's head shot up."what's that?"

"Jordan." I patted he on the back. " its about time you start meeting the humans." Jordan furrowed her brow, clearly not getting it. Trust me, you're not the only one needing practice in certain departments.