Sacrifice

I knelt over Nathaniel dead body as oscar burst in along with the others. They took one look at Nathaniel and began.

"What happened to him?" Freya asked. She'd kept silent most of the journey, maybe this was a suitible time to start speaking.

I took deep breath and wiped the tears off my face. "A sorceress was hired to kill us. She got to Nathaniel, I killed her too late." 

Before I could say another word,They closed in and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You love him don't you?" Jackson said without an ounce of silliness.

 I nodded. "Always." 

Maya went to nathaniels side and began studying him."I'm a skilled healer. I could try to find a way to bring him back." 

"Do what you have to do." 

A few moments later, maya came back with a reply.

"You have mermaid blood in you right?" Maya asked a peculiar question followed by another. "And centaur blood too right?"

I nodded, "yeah some of my great great grandmothers. Why?"

Maya paused. "The only way to bring him back is to feed him your blood. A lot of it."  Despite their warnings I went straight to work. I grabbed the draining rube from Maya's medical kit and used an extremely sharp stake to Pierce my vampire flesh. I pushed it into my wrist harder and harder, I watched as my blood trickled down from my wrist to nathaniels mouth. The things we do for our loved ones. You better live Nathaniel.

Come on!

I pushed and punched until blood spurted out from me into the tube like a miniature water slide. 

"Raven, your going to hurt yourself!" Freya warned. I only continued.

Jackson joined her along with Jordan. "Stop before you kill yourself!" Maya went along too but I couldn't stop now. I had to bring him back. No matter what the cost.

I started to feel lightheaded, I tried to clear my thoughts and I smashed the tube onto my wrist. Maya tried to remove the tube from my hand. I fought to keep it there. They all lunged at me to get me to stop.

"Your going to die if you don't stop!" Jordan came at me again.

"Then let me!" I yelled back.

But he had to live. I wasn't about to give up now. I was to close, I saw nathaniels eyes flutter just a little. One more point punch, I had to make it count, no matter all the pain it caused, it was going to happen, whether they liked it or not.i took one more look back at them. They'll survive without me. I went too far to go back now. I thought of my father. Forgive me. And with one more push,  the world went black.