Epilogue (10 years later)

one of the best and worst things about being a vampire is that you can choose to age or not. to reverse your aging, or keep it the way it was. I decided only to put 3 years on my appearance. after all, I couldn't cling to the past. 

that's what I told myself. And yet I still wondered if turning away Nathaniel was worth it. I was alone now. 

my mother decided to go back to her people. she'd visit every so often. but I guess what I had was valuable, it was also simple, peace. I had it in my grasp. 

Jordan and Maya would come and go too. everything was perfect. but I hadn't seen him.

 I'd put a stronger protection spell on my lands. Ever since the king was assassinated and the queen went missing. The change was a matter of years. But years were mere extensions of seconds, and hours. Time was the endless one. 

I'd researched the whole story of what role Nathaniel had in the murder of my father. I couldn't find anything. It was still a big mystery. one I hoped would be over soon. My agents were still out there, finding what they could, making their own stories. 

But now King Nathaniel was also still out there. Living his life, with whatever which one he chose. Lucky Queen. I guess I wasn't over him, maybe I should be. He probably had a queen much more deserving of him, than me. He deserved it, I just hoped that she could make him happy.

I went outside onto the balcony watched the silence. with only the sound of the wind whistling by.

A bird was flying straight above my head when it crashed into the glass door. I bent down to see the impact. it wasn't big, but enough to kill the poor thing.

it wasn't a bad time for a meal, was it?

I shrugged and brought it inside. I sunk my fangs into it and swallowed the light and airy taste of the blood. I saw a tiny object on the ground, tied to its foot, was a small slip of paper.

-Raven,

step right outside the main entrance of your lands.

- someone you might want to meet.

I furrowed my brow at the message. But whatever it was, whoever it was, they'd better have a good explanation. Because if they didn't, I'd have the honor of introducing their soul, to hell. 

I took the shadowblade and an extra stake just in case and headed down. it wasn't long before I was running across the green pastures, vaults, and a few buildings, to the entrance. 

the marbled patterned force-field dancing, alive with magic. I pressed my palm to it, and a tiny gap appeared in the protective dome. I stepped outside, closing the force-field instantly. 

I waited a few seconds for them to appear.

"You gonna show yourself punk?"

gusts of wind surrounded me as I saw his face.

My heart pounded furiously as I said his name.

"Nathaniel?"

He wrapped himself around me instantly and let our lips collide in one epic moment of passion. I may have lost some of myself when I hung my arms around his neck and let it continue.

"I'm not done with you yet Raven."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And there it is! thank you all once again for reading this!

and stay tuned for the sequel starting up hopefully in january!

and please if you can,

vote

share

and comment

until then, goodbye!

- xxXDragonGoddessXxx