Wrong Place

Axel's POV

We decided to go and search for food in 3 groups. James, Camila and I on the first. Troy, Mason, and Ivy on the second and the rest on the third. Troy insisted on joining my group but James said no.

The first few houses that we searched were packed with food so we got them all and placed it in each of our own bags. By the 10th house, all of our bags were full so we had to go to another house to stay for the night. We gathered back on Troy's house but decided to move out since the house is too open for the "undead" or as we call it for now. We passed by a mansion-like house on our way and since it was big enough, we decided to stay here at least for the night. We tried opening the gate, unfortunately we found out that it was closed.

"Axel, can you climb up the gate?" Camila asked me.

I looked at the gate and it wasn't that high. So I decided to climb it instead of whining on how difficult the task was just like someone I know *cough**Roxanne**cough*. I landed on my feet and opened the gate from the inside.

"Nice" James praised me patting me on the back.

I smiled at him and we went into the house quietly. The house was still clean and free of dirt. It seems that it was cleaned a while ago. We looked around the ground floor of the house and found out that this house is packed with foods and some weapons that are so much better than what we have. I decided to look through the rooms upstairs.

"I'll go upstairs," I told the rest of the group.

They all just nodded because they're too tired to even talk. As I climbed the wide central stairs, I saw the wide and long hallway. 2 rooms on the left and another 2 on the right. The end of the hallway leads to the terrace. This place can be really easily guarded. I decided to look first on the terrace and see how much damage was done.

When I reached it, I saw total destruction on the other side of town. Some of the houses were burned down and some cars crashed on the light posts. I felt presence behind me but I know that maybe it might be just Troy or James trying to follow me. Suddenly blindfolds were placed on my eyes.

"Troy? James? Stop it!" I jokingly said.

"Sorry about this but you went to the wrong place" said a deep voice.

Huh? What? I haven't even got the chance to react when he hit my head hard with something and then my vision went black.

James' POV

I felt like something was wrong. I'm not sure what, but I know someone is in danger. I immediately went to the kitchen and grabbed a sharp knife in the drawers. I went to the stairs and before I even reached the first step, they stopped me.

"Where are you going?" Mason asked.

I looked at them and realised that Axel was not around so it means he was still upstairs and one hour already passed.

"Axel's still upstairs. I think he's in trouble" I answered them.

"Calm down! That idiot can go down by himself!" Roxanne annoyingly said.

This girl is really rude, that's the reason Axel hates her.

"But, it's been an hour and he's still there," I said desperately.

"He might be just sleeping, calm down" Ivy calmly said.

"She's right. If he really was in trouble he would've made noise to alert us right now" Mr. Anderson said.

I half heartedly went back to the sofa and laid down. I kept my knife on my chest and drowsiness hit me.

Troy's POV

Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking Axel's in trouble. I felt it too. Weird right? When they stopped James from going up, I quietly formulated a plan. Sadly, I need James for this even though I don't like it. Tonight, James and I will go up and check if Axel is really safe. I waited for the others to fall asleep before I moved and went to the kitchen to get a knife similar to James'. I slowly walked over to his sleeping body and I slapped his face hard enough to wake him up.

"The fuck?!" He screamed before I covered his mouth.

His shout earned us a few groaning people but they weren't woken up by it.

"Help me, we're going upstairs. Let's check on Axel" I whispered in his ear.

"He's not back yet?" He asked.

I shook my head no and he immediately stood up and went up the stairs as I closely followed him. The hallway was dark but you can still see how beautiful the place is. There were paintings everywhere and the terrace was an eye catcher. I heard whispers on the second door from the right. That might be Axel. I looked at James if he heard it too and he did. We walked over to the door and I heard a girl speaking.

"What's taking them so long?" She asked somebody.

"They must have forgotten about this boy," A man said.

"I told you he's useless" The girl said, clearly irritated.

"You do know I'm just right here right?" I heard Axel asked the people with him.

"Shut up, loser," the girl said.

I hastily grabbed the door knob and opened the door. I saw the looks on their faces. Axel with a horrified look while the other two looked amused.

"Oh, look who's here," the girl said.

"Who are you?" James asked.

"I'm Ace and that bastard is David" the girl said introducing herself and the man

The guy looked at us while putting an ice pick on Axel.

"Axel!" I shouted as I went to him.

David stopped me just right before I touched Axel.

"Woah. Woah. Stop it, kid" he said with annoyance in his voice.

"Let him be," Ace said.

"No, we just had more leverage," he said with a scary smile.

That smile sent shivers down my spine.

"Cut the bullshit. They're here now so we can join them" Ace said with a hint of excitement.

"No, we are going to survive without dumb wimps under our wings" he said.

"Don't be a selfish fool. We are not going anywhere if you always act like this" Ace said.

"Can you cut it out?" I shouted to break the tension around us. "What do you need for you to release Axel?"

"Nothing really," Ace said, raising her shoulder.

"No, we need all your supplies and weapons and after that you will leave this place and never come back" David answered in a serious tone.