Fuck Up

Jiro's POV

"Ok, ready?" Axel asked.

"Yeah" I answered.

"Here they come" Axel said as Sharon and Shirley leads a few undead ones in our direction. "Hit the heads."

I concentrated and prepared an arrow to shoot. I tried concentrating. I did. But all I was able to think of was that kiss...and Ethan. Seriously, why?

"Hey! Jiro! They're near" Axel reminded.

"Oh right, right." I said and shot the nearest one.

"Nice" Axel praised. "Keep going."

After a few seconds all of them were down. Axel nodded approvingly and asked Sharon to get some undead for Ethan to use. He got out of the gate with that same stupid smile that he has. He talked to Axel about something that I couldn't hear. Axel then called Sharon and Shirley back.

"Ok, it's time to go back inside." Axel said as they went back in the gate.

"Wait, how about Ethan?" I asked.

"He's joining Tom's group, the supply runners" he answered.

"What?" Was all I said.

"Yup, so, I'll go now." He said and left me to my own thoughts.

I was left standing here and Lily approached me and even before she started talking I stopped her.

"If you're going to tease me about Ethan then I'm already telling you not to" I calmly said.

"Calm down" she said with a smile. "I was actually going to tell you that he's probably with Rome, you know."

I just glared at her and walked back to our cabin. When I opened the door, I was shocked at what I saw. Rome and Ethan making out on MY bed. I don't even know why but a tear dropped from my eye and he saw me. But he continued doing what they were doing. I bit my lip and closed the door. I trudged back at the gate with my bow and arrow equipped on my back and a knife strapped on my belt, I asked Sharon to open up the gate.

"I can't" she said. "Ask Axel first."

"I just need a breather" I said. "Please? I guess it won't hurt since I'm just new here. Nothing to lose."

That made her think for a second and soon nodded and decided to open up a bit, fit for me to come through.

"Thanks." I said and saluted at her which she returned with a nod.

I quickly ran away from that camp. If only I knew that this would happen...I wouldn't have had listened to him. Imagine? He just acted like he liked me and then after a few hours he screws the nearest human being in the area. I guess he wasn't the right one for me. As I walked through the forest I didn't notice myself reaching a grocery store. The store was full of the undead banging on the door which is made of glass. Obviously it's a ticking time bomb. The glass might get destroyed in a few hours. What I told Sharon, having a breather, means killing the dead. I believe killing an undead adds a small percentage to our survival chances and a human getting killed does the opposite. I kicked the glass hard until it was destroyed.

"Here comes nothing" I told myself.

I shot the nearest ones in the head and they fell with a thud. The dead just flowed out continuously and I was running out of arrows. I unsheathed my knife and attacked the dead. I was wrong. They were a lot than I expected and I was starting to come up with the conclusion that this. This might be the day. The day when I'll finally join all the dead ones. But then the other undead were killed within a blink of an eye. It confused me though.

"I don't know if that was stupid or brave" an unfamiliar voice said bahind me.

"It...it was none of your business" I said and started to walk out but he called me back.

"Leaving without a thank you?" He asked me, feeling proud of himself.

"Yeah, thanks for that" I said and continued walking back to the camp.

"Alone?" He asked.

"No"

"Wanna come to our camp? I've seen your skills with the bow. You're exceptionally skilled with it. We could use you in our group you know" he said. "We've got everything in our hide out. A lot of things which you lack of."

"Take me" Was all I said.

Maybe it's rime to forget and leave even if I just joined Axel's group. I just need to forget Ethan and maybe I can come back to them when the time comes.

Axel's POV

"Hey, saw anything?" I asked Sharon as she looked for the dead near the area.

"None" she answered.

"It has been so quiet these few days" I said. "I'm actually starting to think that whatever this is turned normal again. Back when the dead was under the ground not roaming around."

"It would take years to be honest" she said. "I mean for every 20 undead we kill we lose 1 or even 2. It's just a cycle you know."

"You're right" I said and rested my head on the wall.

"How's you and Tom?" She asked.

"We...we're good." I answered try to keep my smile from faltering.

"What's wrong? I mean, I know he became numb but what's wrong with that?" She said.

"It makes me feel like I'm not worth it." I said. "I know you won't get it but trust me on this."

"You know after a month of being here, I think the both of you are good people" she said with a smile. "I'll support you whatever happens."

"Thanks"

"You're welcome."

"Hey" Ethan said as he climbed up the watch tower.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Have you seen Jiro?" He asked.

"Nope." I answered. "Didn't see him after the tryout or whatever you name it."

"Oh, how about you Sharon?" He asked.

"Nope" she said popping out the P in it and her pitch slightly higher than normal.

"You're lying aren't you?" I said.

"Nope" she said, still popping out the P and her voice still pitchy.

"You are" I said.

"Well, this was very entertaining and all but I really need to go to the toilet, nature calls." She said amd quickly went down the tower.

"She knows something didn't she?" Ethan said, crestfallen.

"What did you do this time?" I asked, knowing about them.

"How'd you know?" He said looking at the ground.

"Words travel fast these days." I answered with a smirk. "So, what happened?"

"I fucked up you know" he said. "First I tried to get into his pants and he rejected me and told me it was wrong. It hurts me because I knew I loved him and he still doesn't feel the same. Then Rome talked to me about it and I thought of a plan to make him jealous. Rome, Lily and I planned it but it all backfired. He's nowhere to be seen and Sharon's the only one who knows where he went."

"Wow, you really did fuck up" I said.

"Yeah, I did."

"He probably is outside the camp taking a breather" I said calmly. "He wouldn't leave if what you did, did not affect him. Even if it's just a bit."

"Okay"