Escape

Tom's POV (Present Day)

"I need to talk to your leader" I said.

"No can do, kid" William said with a smirk. "Geoff doesn't have time for you, brats."

"Let us in!" Lacy shouted.

"I.need.to.talk.to.Geoff!" I said seriously.

"What's wrong in this fine day?" Geoff said as he exited his cabin.

"My friends are disappearing and I know it's you and William's fault!" I angrily shouted.

"Woah! Woah! Slow down with those accusations of yours!" He said while smirking. "Why don't we talk about this inside?"

He went inside and Lacy and I followed. As we entered the room, we saw James there and I did everything to stop myself from killing him.

"So, where did we stop?" He said as he sat on his chair.

"Our friends are disappearing and we know it's your fault!" I angrily said.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" he said calmly.

"First, Ash then you also took Charles then the following week, you took Heather and just yesterday, you took Scarlett!" I shouted.

"I really don't know what you're talking about" he said.

"Oh, don't pretend that you don't know that William goes in our cabin and takes one of us while everybody's sleeping!" I angrily shouted.

"Calm down, Tom" James intervened.

"Shut up, you traitor!" I shouted while pointing at his face. "All of this is your fault!"

The room went silent as I dropped another accusation.

"I know you're the traitor in this camp! You made Axel leave before they attacked the camp. You knew that this will happen and what did you do? You fucking betrayed us! We took you in and this is all you gave back!" I shouted.

"I didn't mean to! Geoff told me that if I told you he will kill everyone-" James explained.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" Geoff bellowed as he stabbed a knife right through James' stomach. "Oops."

We stood in shock as James slowly dropped on the floor. Blood dripping from his wound and the shock and pain in his face took all my anger and hatred away.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" Geoff said while smirking. "Him to be gone?"

"I didn't say that! What's wrong with you?!" I shouted.

I didn't know what went over me but I suddenly attacked him and we fought on the floor. Lacy helped too, she kicked him in the head and in the places where the sun doesn't shine. Lacy ran to the door and locked it in case William would go in the cabin. I continued punching him and Lacy approached James to stop his bleeding. I didn't stop until he passed out on the floor and when I stood up, I immediately helped Lacy in patching James up. A loud music was heard but it seems so far away.

"Sir, a herd is going this way!" William shouted from outside the cabin. "I seems that someone is bringing them to us. What are we going to do?"

"Hey, we can use this to leave the camp" I told Lacy.

"You want to leave camp?" She asked, confused. "Aren't we supposed to fight for it, to take it back?"

"Lacy, we can't take this camp back" I told her truthfully.

"Oh, so you're telling me that you want to be a coward and leave instead of fighting back?" She said, frustrated.

"Look, this is our chance to be free from these cruel men-" I said but I was cut by William's shout.

"Sir! The herd is very near and the walls won't be able to stand!" William shouted from the outside. "Do we lure them away or we fight?"

"Leave or stay?" I asked Lacy.

"Fine, we'll go" she said as we carried James with one arm on each shoulder.

Suddenly the door opened and William entered the cabin. When he saw us, he immediately turned red in anger. He wielded his machete and attacked us. Lacy carried James away as I prepare to defend myself. I grabbed one of Geoff's gun strapped on his leg and fired on William who is just a tiny bit away before his machete reaches me. I fired on his hand and he immediately dropped the machete and screamed in pain. I took this chance to knock him out using the gun. I hurriedly went to Lacy to help her through the exit. When we went outside, we saw everyone in chaos. There are people running here and there and they are panicking. I guided Lacy towards our cabin and the others were pacing. The loud music seems much more nearer than before.

"Oh, thank god! We thought you were also taken away" Sky said to the both of us. "What happened to James?!"

"Geoff stabbed him" I said as we laid James down on a spare bed.

"We need to pack up already" Lacy said. "There's a herd coming our way and we can use this to sneak out of the camp."

"Are you sure, Lacy?" Ryuki asked. "You've always wanted to take this camp back."

"Yeah, it's time to go" she answered. "This camp will soon be destroyed."

"What's with that loud music?" Ryuki asked.

"I am as clueless as you are right now" I said.

After a few minutes of packing, we heard the continous gunshots outside which means that the herd is here. The loud music is gone and was replaced by the loud grunting and moaning sounds the infected release. I peeked through the peep hole on the door and I saw them shooting the infected from the watch towers and the ones on the ground are also preparing to attack. I left the cabin to check the armory if there would be some extra weapons which we can use. When I reached the armory, I saw a few pistlos and 2 rifles and ammos on the other shelf. I dropped my bag and immediately grabbed all of it. When I turned around, Shirley and Rome, Geoff's children, was there.

"Where are you going, Tom?" Shirley asked. "Escaping?"

"It's none of your business" I said as I pushed through them but Shirley grabbed my arm.

"We want to come with you" Shirley said. "We don't want to stay with our father anymore."

"Why?" I asked, shocked. "Is he abusing you?"

"No, uh...you friends" Shirley said. "Your friends were taken by my dad and William and..."

She struggled to continue what she was saying but I nearly threw up when I heard the last part.

"My father cooked your friends" she said. "We ate them."

"Wait, you're telling me that you're all cannibals?" I asked with disgust evident on my face.

"No! No!" She said. "He forced us to eat those even if we didn't want to. That's why we want to come with you. We want to leave our father here to die."