Chapter Four

CW: suicide.
__________________

Fast forward to 9 February 2013. L and Light have been together for five months. So far, they've been able to keep it hidden from everyone else. But one thing they both know all too well is that all secrets are bound to be discovered eventually.

"Light," L whispered seductively in Light's ear.

"L, the others - ah - they'll be coming in soon. We should - fuck, yes! - shouldn't be doing this - ah, harder, L! - here."

L smirked and kissed Light passionately, rocking his hips against Light's, causing more moans to escape the other man's lips.

"Light..." The name wasn't much more than a pleased sigh in Light's ear. "You don't really want me to stop, do you?"

This question was punctuated with another passionate kiss and L reaching back to squeeze Light's bum. Light couldn't help but moan.

"L, oh God, L! Ah - like that - ah! Don't stop!"

They kissed passionately, barely able to keep their hands off each other. Light was working L's shirt off of him when a voice startled them apart.

"What the hell...?!"

Light's face flushed red. So we got found... This is an awkward situation...

Then, he realised who it was. Matsuda was stood in the doorway, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

Poor Matsuda, Light thought. This must be a very traumatising experience for him.

"Matsuda," L began, "could you please do us a favour and not tell anyone what you saw?"

"Uh... uh, sure... But wait... You two are... gay?!"

"Uhm... yeah," Light answered, turning redder than before. "That's okay with you, right...?"

"Whew! I thought I was the only one!" Matsuda exclaimed in obvious relief.

"You too?!" L exclaimed, obviously surprised.

"Yeah. It's kinda been pretty uncomfortable thinking I was the only gay guy here."

"I never would've guessed," Light said in slight wonder.

"Well, I do try my best to keep it hidden."

"So do we," L replied.

"Well, here's a word of advice: Sex in the main working room is not exactly the best way to keep your relationship a secret."

"That may just be the best advice I've recieved in a while," Light said.

Just then, they saw the others coming in on the security camera. They could already hear the footsteps and the voices floating up through the vents.

"Well, gotta bolt," Matsuda said, and was gone in a flash.

"I swear," L began, "sometimes I think that boy is part ninja."

"He certainly is quite something," Light said, a tone of gentle adoration in his voice. He hoped L didn't notice it. He didn't want L growing suspicious.

They both took their places at their computers as everyone - excluding Matsuda, of course - came in. Soon, everyone was working as usual.

***

"I'm gonna take a break and get some fresh air," Light said, getting up and heading for the door.

Light went to the only place on the entire building - other than the bedrooms - that didn't have security cameras - the roof. The chill of the wind bit into him as he walked out farther on the roof. He looked out at the night sky and all the shimmering lights of the beautiful city stretching for miles before him. He saw a figure sat at the edge of the roof and walked over there. He sat down next to him.