Chapter 4 Terrors

Jack Privet got out of his car and looked at me. "Caroline? What are you doing out here in the rain? It's freezing!" He exclaimed, flabbergasted. He then saw my tears, my quivering lips. "Here, come with me, my house is warm and I have towels..." he came around to me and took off his coat, laying it around my shivering shoulders. "Th-thank you sir..." I shivered, and smiled through my chattering teeth. He opened the passenger door and allowed me inside. I sat down and pulled the seat belt around my frigid body. Jack got back into the drivers side, and started the car, driving off. For a few moments we sat in silence, I pulled his coat closer around me, and took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

In the back seat was two bags filled with groceries. Jack then broke the silence. "So, why were you out there in the rain...?" He asked curiously. I looked at him, and sighed. "My brother, he, he used some of the money you gave us to buy, drugs..." I rasped, and he gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry to hear that Caroline, I really am..." he spoke softly. I smiled a little. I didn't think it at the time but, I didn't remember telling him my name... Jack drove us up to one of the identically built neighborhood houses, a blue and white one, with beautiful shrubbery in the garden. "We're here!" He said cheerfully. Exiting the car and opening the door for me, Jack smiled at me, and I weakly smiled back, stepping out.

Stepping up to the door, Jack unlocked it and let me inside. "Make yourself at home dear! I'll go get you a towel and make us some tea, it'll warm you right up" He exclaimed and went into another room to our left. I looked around, still holding his coat around me. The first thing I noticed was his lack of furniture. Just some places to sit and maybe place down a cup. He had a shelf in his foyer that was drowning in books; most of them about illustration and renaissance artists. I brushed my hand over one that lay open on top of the pile. It's sentences were long, and hard to read. With so few years spent in school, I hadn't learned to read long novels and non-fiction books. I could vaguely, but some words I couldn't really understand. Jack came back holding a fluffy white towel, and gently took his coat off my shoulders, replacing it with the towel. "There, nice and warm" he smiled, and pointed back with his thumb to the kitchen. "Tea's ready," he said, and I nodded with a small grin. Sitting at his table, I gently sipped from the mug of tea he had placed down for me, he just vaguely stared at me for a while.

"Tell me about your brother, Dustin, what's he like?" Jack asked me, gripping his mug. I looked up at him. "Oh, well, he's a very loving brother, and he works really hard to get us money, but, he has a bad substance addiction to drugs, and he wastes away our hard earned money on it..." I mumbled, tearing up again. I didn't realize it then either, but, I didn't ever recall telling Jack Dustin's name, either... Jack looked down for a moment, then smiled at me. "Tell you what, I think I have something that could turn that frown upside down, Caroline!" He said cheerfully, and I looked at him, a little confused. "Really...?" I asked, finally letting in the tides of doubt, and he nodded. "Come! It's down in the basement!" he exclaimed, and stood up. For a moment, I thought about how he was still technically a stranger, and I was in his home, but I guess my mind overtook my smarts. "What's the worst that could happen?" I thought, and stood up to follow him.

I went inside the door first. Upon entering the cold and dank basement, I felt beads of sweat drip down my forehead despite the room being freezing. I stepped down the stairs, each creak moaning louder than the last. A large metal floor-to-ceiling pipe was barely touching the wall, surrounded by a pile of chains. I felt an eerie chill go up my spine, and slowly turned around. I looked up the stairs, upon hearing the click of a lock. "Um, wh-what are you doing...?" I stammered, feeling fear overtake me. Jack smiled, but not kindly, and slowly inched down the stairs towards me. "I won't hurt you, Caroline..." he said, his cold, chilling tone of lust returned. "All you have to do is let me touch you a little, and promise not to scream...~" he chuckled.

He backed me against the pole, pinning me against it with his arms on either side of me, I could feel his hot breath against mine, my heart thundered against my ribs. He slowly brought his disgusting lips to mine, stroking his tongue along my lower lip. No fucking way was I letting this gross man anywhere near me! "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK!!" I screeched, trying to shove him away. He simply chuckled and grabbed me by my waist, and slowly started at my neck. I desperately tried getting him off me, but his strength was powerful. I kicked, punched, hit, but it was no use. His lust was more powerful then himself. He left a massive hickey on my neck from my ear to my collar bone. Grabbing at me, he forced his tongue into my mouth after I let out a gasp. I could feel him at my thigh, and he pinned me down onto my chest so my back faced him. "Be a good little girl and do as you're told Caroline, because when I'm done with you..." he chuckled, and then whispered right into my ear. "You won't be a little girl anymore...~"

He unraveled my grey skirt, laughing, he hit me, making me yelp. I stared to cry, my chest still pinned against the ground. He was about to say something before he entered me. I sobbed and begged him to stop, I cried and cried, but no luck was on my side. As Jack hurt me, I begged him to stop, my nails gripping into the floor. I cried for my mom, to come and save me from this terrible man who only had sexual desire and nothing more.

As I felt my legs become weak, he stopped before either of us could go further, and he triumphantly breathed a smile. "I want to go home..." I sobbed, and Jack grinned down at me. "Oh Caroline..." I suddenly felt a swift force on the side of my head, immediately knocking me out. "This IS your home now..."
____
I woke up a couple hours later, it was still dark out, the thunder still roaring. I was chained to the pole, naked... I was freezing cold, and I felt a massive sense of loneliness overcome me. I started to cry, wondering what I ever did wrong in this twisted world. I sobbed myself back to sleep.