Chapter 8: Unpleasant events...

Chapter 8

Unpleasant events...

Sarah drew a transmutation circle on the ground and transmuted a spear. I mean a spear literally popped out of the ground. Maybe one day I'll be that talented in alchemy. There's still lots of stuff I need to learn. Then in a second Sarah immediately kicked open the door of the apartment. "What did you do that for?" I asked her. "Shh..." She whispered in reply. Sarah began to walk slowly inside the apartment. She made a motion with her head that told me to follow her. Now that I think about it. I should've just made a weapon from the transmutation circle on my left hand before this. Oh well, too late, Sarah kicked open the door already. I should've came prepared. We walked in the small hallway leading into the apartment, we treaded as carefully as we could, we were as silent as we could manage. When we arrived at the living room of the apartment Sarah dropped her spear. "What's wrong?" I asked her. She didn't reply, so I stepped forward to see what she was looking at. Unbelievable. There was a body on the floor, a girl. She seemed about me and Sarah's age. She was wearing a black dress with white socks. She was dead. Lying there on the floor in a pool of blood.

Sarah walked up to her and checked her pulse. "She's gone..." Sarah mumbled. "She the friend of yours?" I asked in sorrow. "Yeah one of them." Sarah sobbed. "So there are two? Where's your other friend?" I asked her. "I-I don't know." Sarah choked. I could see the that her eyes were getting teary, they must be close friends. Sarah immediately looked at me with worried eyes. "Kai, my apartment!" Sarah screamed. She ran out the apartment. I followed her. her apartment? What about it? Then Sarah's swiftness made me realize... Oh no. Instead of using the elevator Sarah ran down the stairs, since her apartment was only the floor below, it was faster. We ran across the hallway to Sarah's apartment. I spotted Sarah's apartment door at the distance. It was closed, not open. This is bad. Unless someone had the kindness to close it, this could be very bad. Sarah didn't even tend to slow down. She tackled the door and barged through. I ran in after her. Crap. There was another body. Another girl our age. I looked around. There was blood all over the apartment. On the walls, tables, chairs, everywhere. I almost puked at the thought of the sight. This was too terrible. I'm not used to seeing stuff like this, especially in real life, but I'm sure Sarah is hurting more.

Sarah stood there, both fists clenched. I could here her gritting her teeth. I bet she was trying to hold back the tears too. These people must've been very important to her. She was shaking, probably terrified to find out her friends are dead. I wanted so bad to comfort her, hug her, say something, anything. But, I couldn't. All I could do was watch her. We were too late and we both knew it. After a minute of silence, Sarah staired into my eyes, she was back. "We need to move, Dicer knows our location, who knows how many he could've told? We need another place to stay. My dad's old backpack is in the drawer of the guest room. pack your stuff, bring as many alchemy books as you can fit in that thing too." Sarah commanded. I hurried into the guest room. As expected, there was a dark blue and black backpack. I quickly stuffed my clothes in it. I brought the 4 alchemy books Sarah gave me this morning and put it in there as well. I still need to learn a lot from it. After packing the rest of my stuff, I walked out the guest room. I could still hear Sarah packing in her room. I should give her time, I thought. She found out her friends are dead after all.

Then I started to wonder, there's no doubt Dicer did this... he got here before us, and killed these two. I wonder where we're going. Is there even a safe place now? What about mom, in a few days she'll be back. What do I tell her? How do I explain all of this? All of alchemy and the things I've done. Mom would probably lose it. Sarah walked out the door a few minutes later. She changed. She was now wearing a white shirt with a red jacket, as well as dark blue jeans and black sneakers. Those were some good looking sneakers. "Let's go" she declared. I put on the backpack and walked out the door, Sarah followed locking the door behind her. "What about the bodies?" I asked her. "The police will eventually find them, and their family will give them a proper burial too." She explained. "Oh and take these sanitizing wipes, clean those transmuatation circles of your hand." I took the sanitizing wipes from her, I hesistated to wipe the transmutation circles away, what if we were attacked again? However, I wiped them anyway, hoping we'll be safe. "Now c'mon, we have to move." She added. "Okay, but where too?" I quizzed. "Somewhere safe, then soon, the portal" She replied with no emotion and continued to walk quickly. "The portal? What's that?" I questioned her. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you, it's a portal that takes you to the alchemy world. My eyes widened. "WHAAAAATTTTT?!?!" I shouted.

"Quiet" she whispered. "We're still in a building surrounded by apartments." She added. "You never told me there was another world!" I shouted again. "Like I said, I forgot to tell you." she explained. This was so fustrating to hear, even though this made me happy and excited, I couldn't believe it. "What about my mom? I can't just leave her, and what about school?! What about everything else!?" I shouted again. We arrived at the elevator, after Sarah pressed a button, she looked me straight in the eyes. "I already took care of that. I wrote a letter to your mom pretending that I was a scientist from Austrailia, and she agreed to let me take you to Australia while she was gone. And I got your mom to sign a a letter that you're dropping out of school. See? Problem solved." Sarah exclaimed. "Dropping out of school?! Well that's new. Well, if everything's handled... Then I guess it's fine, but when did you do all this?" I asked her. "When I left you this morning to read akchemy books" she explained. "So you were planning to bring me there from the beginning?" I questioned. "Smart, you figured it out, yep, that's right. You were gonna go there eventually anyways." She explained further. Right. Of course I was. I guess strange things have a thing for me.

We got to the ground floor and walked out the elevator. We walked passed the lobby as casually and normally as we could. "So are we going to the portal right now?" I asked her when we stepped out of the building. "Not yet, you'll still have to train, the alchemy world is a very dangerous place." She answered. "You'll have to stay in this world and train for a month or porbably more" she added. Great. Months of training. Well, at least it's better than school. "So where are we off too?" I questioned. "To a friend's, he'll help me train you, he's a master at combat and alchemy." she explained. Good to hear. Hope I don't get beat up. We got in a cab and Sarah told the driver that we were going to the train station. "What? Does your friend live far away or something?" I asked her. "Shh, we'll talk later in private, for now, be quiet and just follow" she whispered in reply. I decided to just go with it. After all, that's what I've been doing so far, well, at least I'm alive. The train station was about 8-10 minutes from Sarah's apartment. So while I was waiting for the cab to get there, I just looked out the window and thought about everything that happened. A lot of things have happened.

Alchemy is one thing for sure. Dropping out of school, meeting a serial killer, seeing dead people. All of it was a first, but something kept telling me to get used to it. I didn't want too. There is no way I'm getting used to this. At least that's what I hope. Unfortunate and peculiar events keep following me. I wonder if it's because of who I am, or something related to my dad. Oh well. I looked at my pendant and then at the window. One heck of a day. 

The Family CircleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara