Chapter 10: Haygan Barin and a New Room

Sorry late post!

We walked through the gate and I looked around. The place was HUGE! There was an enormous garden on my right, trees, flowers, bushes, it was like everything was there. I looked at my left, it was like there was a park! This Barin family must be pretty rich. Everything around, even the dirt seemed expensive. We walked along a tiled path to come across a gigantic door that stood about 16 feet tall. Infront of the door there was an old man in a butler uniform. He looked like he was in his late 60's, and wore his uniform very neatly. He waved to us as we walked closer. Sarah motioned for me to keep following behind her. We arrived to where the butler was standing. "Good day, you must be Ms. Wilber and Mr. Arc. Sir Barin will be waiting inside." he greeted. He started walking towards the enormous door which was obviouly the entrance to the place. He opened it and let us follow him inside. It was very big inside as well. So many luxurious couches, sofas, lamps, carpets, tables, etc. He told us to make ourselves comfortable and let us sit down on one of the black leather sofas. He told us to wait while he called Sir Barin. This guy must be pretty high up, I wonder how Sarah met him.

I looked over to Sarah who was sitting on my right. Since we were alone, now would be a good time to ask her about what happened with the guards at the gate. I took a deep breath and faced her once again. "So, about what happened with the guards at the gate, how did they know you?" I simply put. Sarah slowly turned her head towards me. "I was a well known alchemist once, at least, my dad was." she replied in a slow voice. "And?" I asked, expecting her to go on. "And nothing, it's not anything worth knowing, my dad just made a name for himself that several people know of, that's all." she replied quickly after I asked. Man, I should've known she wasn't willing to tell me, but I really am curious. After a minute or so after that conversation, one of the doors at our far left swung open with great speed.

"Wilber! Where are you!? You've finally come to visit!" A deep voice shouted in the distance. Barging from the door we spotted a tall man about 6 and a half feet. He had a muscular body and had long black silky hair. So this must be him. The one Sarah told me about. He walked over to us, like he was fast walking. He reached for Sarah and gave her a big hug. Sarah had trouble hugging back considering he was squeezing tight. "Nice to see you too Haygan." Sarah said sarcasticaly. After he was done hugging Sarah, he stood straight in formality and turned towards me. "And you must be Kai Arc, I've heard so much about you. Pleasure meeting meeting you." he greeted with a smile. "Likewise" I replied. He turned back towards Sarah. "So? How long do you plan on staying?" he asked Sarah. "Not long I suppose." Sarah replied with a hint of uncertainty. "Alright let me show you to your rooms." He motioned for us to follow him. We walked through the door he barged through. And it lead us to several hallways. We passed by a few stair cases. We kept walking until we reached another staircase. "Up here." Haygan motioned. We followed him up the stairs leading to a hallway full of doors.

"Most of these rooms are empty, just choose the one you would like to stay in." He explained. We both nodded our heads. Sarah picked a room at the end of the hallway. I didn't know where to. So I picked the door opposite to hers. The room was a decent size. There was a door to the bathroom. Other than that, everything was in one room. At the far right was the bed, some shelves, closets, etc. At the left there was a TV, with a couch infront of it. The room was covered in dark red carpet, and the bed looked very, very comfortable. Infact the first idea I got was to jump on it and go to bed. I've had enough troubles for the day.