10| TRAPPED

Trapped

Trapped

I feel trapped inside the room.

I can already tell the majority of the girls are resolved to spend the five year sentence they are in- confined forever to that room.

But I feel trapped.

"What are you doing."

It's the same girl as before. The same one who stopped my blessing of goodbye to Sara.

She now glares at me as I hover over the door.

I take in her golden hair and electric blue eyes.

She is beautiful.

There is no denying it from me.

"I'm going out."

She stares for a few seconds more before shaking her head.

"Fine. One less girl for me to deal with."

Her words catch my attention as I take her in more.

"Your name child?"
Her eyes heat up at my question.

"I'm not a fucking child."

I stay silent as she clenches her fists and tosses her long golden hair behind her head. The movement lets the strands catch the light, allowing for the gold to shine and absorb, momentarily, one's attention.

I smile on the inside, wondering if it is a trick she has learned through the years.

But the question still lingers in the air as she glares and spits out, "Saint Hanh."

I want to laugh at the name.

Her parents must have been foolish creatures.

Maybe they saw their newborn child with the light colored hair, and hoped against all hope that their infant had been blessed. Therefore naming their daughter a celestial name that would fit only the greatest of creatures.

While I laugh on the inside though, I show nothing of my emotions to this child.

She watches. I can tell she is waiting for my ridicule, or for some words upon the subject.

After all, the truly blessed one stood across from her.

I glance at the sleeping form of Oceane.

"Can you tell Oceane, when she wakes, that I have stepped out?"

Saint hesitates and shrugs.

I take it as a very slim chance that she will follow through, but I still nod and whisper, "Thank you Saint," before slipping out.

She flinches at the use of her name, letting me shut the door upon her murderous glare.

The silence that invades the hallway rings within my ears.