47| END

The tavern sat in a remote location, resting upon the edge of the Greyn Woods

The tavern sat in a remote location, resting upon the edge of the Greyn Woods. Travelers who had emerged or were choosing to depart into the lands, sat within the establishment.

One male threw back his drink, setting it down in satisfaction as he wiped escaped foam from his mouth.

"Good stuff Marcos," he said, satisfaction in his voice as a faint pink rose to his cheeks.

The owner of the tavern nodded, his slim fingers busy cleaning mugs for other customers to use.

Another male sat against the long oak landing, his weary frame seeming to sag as his body rested within the chair.

"Oi," the male lifted his drink towards the stranger, "don't be shy. I won't bite."

He patted the seat next to his, an easy grin on his face.

The stranger hesitated, before sighing and rising to sit next to the grinning male.

"Names, Hexaus- you?"

"Kilchen."

"Strange name. You from the Rottskin lands then?"

The stranger hesitated before nodding, raising his hands to let the hood of his cloak fall and reveal his face.

Hexaus's eyes widened as he took in the faint red that seemed to stain his face- an obvious feature that one normally found within the people who resided in the land of red dirt.

"Mmmh? Been away from it long? Guess you're on your way to visit then eh?"

The stranger hesitated again, before nodding.

The owner paused, his eyes narrowing as he took in the male now.

"Things have changed."

Both males looked to the owner.

Kilchen's face twisted in worry as he took in the words, "It's gotten worse then?"

Hexaus though laughed and slapped a large hand on Kilchen's back, causing the male to lung forward and almost hit his head on the front bar.

"The opposite my friend!"

Kilchen looked to the owner for answers as the man watched Hexaus's easy disposition.

The owner noticed his behavior and sighed, "King took a new Queen. Odd name but it fits her for what she did."

He leaned forward, and Kilchen found that he too was leaning in, his heart racing as worry ran through his chest for what had become of his family who still lived within the Rottskin land.

"Queen Saint. How long you been gone mate? She's been Queen for about a year now I would say. She was the only one to survive the reaping. But strange things did happen in that palace. Those girls went in and one came out - and the darkness of the land just,-" here the owner's eyes widened as his hand rose in the air, "vanished."