25| VISION

Vision

Vision.

I had a vision, as I danced under the Moon.

One I could not understand until now.

My child.

Her mind came within my own. Encompassing and ruling over everything else.

My child.

I'm here. I'm here.

Did you forget what you must do?

No. Never.

Did you think I had left you?

Yes. Yes, Moon. You have no idea. No idea the horror that I feel within this palace. Within the dark folds of night and the blood dripping eyes that watch me. Haunt me. Hunt me.

Did you forget what you must do?

But it's hard. It's so hard. And you're not here. You're not here to guide me. You're not here to help me or protect me. I'm alone. I'm lost. I'm scared.

My child.

Her thoughts slowly drain away from me. Like a fog had been lifted within my mind.

The last thought I hear from her is a whisper of her power, floating within me.

Did you think I had left you?

___   ___   ___

My eyes fly open.

Pain. Oh the pain that rippled through my body. I gasp at the slightest movement.

A soft sigh is heard. My head painfully looks to the door.

"Who's there?" My voice is hoarse. Strained.

I can't move that well. Pain is the main factor within my mind.

My repressors were burning upon my skin. The soft steel of the jewelry singeing away at me.

"Arishia."

The soft whisper of Jonaus comes to my ear.

A strangled cry leaves my throat as I rise from the bed.

I limp to the door. I don't make it all the way.

Halfway through I fall, twisting in agony.

"Ahh Jonaus." I pant out his name.

"I'm sorry."

I feel a single tear leave me. Just one. Just one, but it was powerful enough to show the pain I was in.

"What is happening Jonaus?"

"The venom. When the venom entered your system you started to convulse."

"And...and the...King?"

There is a pause before Jonaus says, "He drank too much. He consumed too much power. He....," Jonaus pauses again. I hear him take a deep breath. "You hurt him."