34. Alliances and Attacks

EDITED

Chapter thirty-four:-

It was all getting a little embarrassing for Tiara, what with her mother squealing into the phone and her father insisting on talking to Christian and her friends who wouldn't shut up about her engagement. But in all honesty, she realised she didn't mind it that much. The big smile that erupted on Christian's face every time he looked at her hand, she figured, was worth the embarrassment.

It was hard to believe that it had been a year since it all started. Though she still felt it was too early, she let it pass because every time she thought of her future, Christian was right beside her in it. And when she really thought of all the incidents that had occurred between them, it felt longer than a year, at the same time, it felt like the year had passed in the blink of an eye.

As the clock on the opposite side of the wall struck five, she packed all her belongings to get back to their home.

*

"How did you all not realise that he had been trading the information to the rogues right under your nose?" Alpha Johnson asked.

Christian was in the Packhouse along with the other Packs to discuss what they had recently discovered. At first, he was going to tell them over the phone but after much contemplation, he called them to his Packland to tell them in person.

"We had our utmost trust in him. He was the Beta of this Pack, after all. But he took advantage of the trust to secure power for himself. Now, he is plotting against all of us," Christian calmly explained.

"So what do you want of us, Alpha Christian?" Alpha Evans in irritation.

"Cooperation. He wants to create an army of rogues to bring all the packs down and to stop them, we have to work together."

"Why should we? There's no need for such alliances. My Pack is strong as it is," Alpha Graham said.

"Because, Alpha Graham, that's what we thought about Jonathan as well—that their Pack was strong. But they were taken by surprise and it cost the Pack dearly. And Alpha Sean is still healing from the attacks he had to face," Christian explained in his usual no nonsensical mood.

"I'm not so sure," Alpha Johnson said, still unconvinced.

"We don't want anything from anyone of you here except for your alliance in bringing down the rogues who are potential threat to all our Packs. We all can either come together and form a force against those mutts or we can hold on to our pride and live in a constant state of paranoia," Christian said.

"How can we trust you when you're own Pack member was behind all this and in a way, betrayed all of us."

"We are humiliated by that fact and we are trying to rectify what has been done. And for that, we need your cooperation," Mason intervened. "We are not the enemy here; the rogues are."

"I'm still not too sure that it will be in the best interests of my Pack," Alpha Graham stated.

"Alpha Johnson, with all due respect, we are not asking to merge our Packland or for some sort of treaty that will last indefinitely. There's no catch here. I only want all of us to come together in the name of brotherhood and save our people because the rogues are too large in number for us to stand separately. At least until we kill these rogues we need to work together," Alpha Christian explained.

After much contemplation, Alpha Graham, to Christian's relief, nodded his head.

"Thank you, Alpha Graham," Christian politely said. "Alpha Evans? Alpha Johnson? Can we expect your alliance? Alpha Brad and Alpha Sean will be joining us too, later. We are also expecting to hear soon from Alpha Adam."