12

Five Years Later

Taehyung POV

I sit with my back pressed against a cold metal wall. Five years since the war started, vampires and humans, an endless battle for power. I look around, my friends are no where to be found, Jungkook had left to scavenge, after a few hours of him being gone Hoseok went out looking for him, then Yoongi, then Jimin, then Namjoon, then Seokjin. Emily and I were completely alone. "Hey wonder boy," Emily says as she sits down next to me, "hey Em," I sigh. "They'll be back, don't worry," Emily assures. "I'm not so sure anymore, I was out there yesterday, it was crawling with vampire hunters," I doubt. Emily looks at me, "Jungkook is the strongest vampire I know, there's no way in hell that he'll be going down, not without a fight," Emily smile and puts their arm around me. I rest my head on her shoulder, "I just hope... they've been gone for hours, all of them." Emily gets up, stands in front of me and extends their hand. I look up at her, confused, "are you going to sit here all day or actually do something?" Emily asks. I grab their hand and they pull me up.

"Don't forget, we're not vampires, we can go out and probably not get in a fight," Emily points out. I hum in agreement, "should we go looking?" I ask, "I think so," Emily answers. With that we gear up and set out onto the deserted streets. We walk for a long time, not finding a single vampire, let alone human. Emily swings her hammer, "wasn't it so crazy how you had all of those super crazy power for like one day and then you never could do what you did ever again?" Emily asks. I nod, "everyone thought I was supernatural," I add, Emily looks my way, "you could be," they say. I shake my head, "wouldn't I still have my powers then?"

We keep walking in silence, until I see something run past, it looked like Jungkook. Emily and I take off after the person, "WAIT!" I yell, the person simply runs faster. We chase them until it's a dead end. The person doesn't turn around, "turn around," I order, Emily taps their foot, getting annoyed, hammer still in hand. "I said, turn around," I growl, "this is taking too long," Emily sighs. They swing their hammer, right at me. I duck, "EMILY!" I scream, stumbling back. "Come on TaeTae!" Emily smiles insanely. They swing at me again, "EMILY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I scream, dodging and stumbling back.

"Fight against it Taehyung, I know you can," they growl, as Emily swings their hair moves in front of their face. I am pushed against the alleyway wall. "I know, you can block it, break my hammer in two," they say, still smiling. Emily pulls their hammer back and swings it right at me, I stick my hand out, grabbing it. I dent the hammer. "There we go, I knew you still had that in you," Emily giggles evilly. Emily keeps swings at me, until the hammer was broken. 

Emily smashes her hands on the sides of my head, "it's trigger when you are at a state of when you believe you are going to die, so your supernatural powers are triggered." I push Emily back, they go flying. Emily was damn right, I felt like I was going to die, and then I could suddenly smash hard concrete with my bare hand. I turn to the person, they were still facing the wall, I walk up to them, grab their shoulder and turn them to face me. Jungkook gives me a goofy smile, "took Em long enough," Jungkook grins. "You set this up?" I ask, Jungkook nods. "I had a suspicion that you could somehow trigger your supernatural side, we've been trying things for ages."

Seokjin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok and Jimin come down the alleyway. "Why do you need my powers?" I asked. "If your powers started this war, then it can probably end it," Jungkook says. I sigh deeply. "Let's talk about this back at base," Namjoon suggests. We all nod. 

I sit down on the beaten up couch. "Let's start with the first question," I start, "why do you think I can stop this?" I ask. "Taehyung, five years ago, when you were fighting Sejun, you just flicked your wrist and sent him away. That means that you could also-" Namjoon raises his hand, interrupting Jungkook. "Before we finish answering questions, we need to find one thing, what is Taehyung?" Namjoon says. "We'll need to run the test..." Yoongi sighs, "yes asshole," Namjoon turns back to me, "we're going to need to test some things, find out where you belong, and then we can decide if your strong enough to stop this war."