8

Lana tried to control her loose jaw as the woman showed her multiple dresses that seemed to drown her.

"Isn't this exciting?"

Lana just nodded silently, gulping loudly at the amount placed before her.

Esme finally turned to Lana and laughed. "Obviously I'm not gonna make you try them all hah that would be absurd..."

Esme chuckled awkwardly, causing Lana to gulp yet again.

A million thoughts ran through Lana's mind and she shut her eyes tightly, stumbling backwards.

"This will not happen. I'm sorry Esme."

The Queen turned around in less then a second, completely shocked.

"Ofcourse it will! Don't be silly!"

Lana anxiously patted her sweaty palms against her bloody dress and winced at the puffiness of the red dress infront of her.

"Do I have tooooo?"

Her whine echoed in the silent room and Esme shot her a glare, instantly shutting her up.

"Fiiiiiiiiine."

The older woman beamed happily before skipping back towards the pile and selecting one.

Even Lana has to admit that it was beautiful.

It was a grey dress, with beads all down it reminding her of Gatsby styles. It looked like it would be perfect for a girl with an hourglass figure and Lana shook her head.

"Why? It matches your eyes and you'll look so good!"

She sighed, dragging her hand into her locks and pulling it back out.

"I'm not pretty enough to be in that."

Esme laughed and Lana raised an eyebrow, utterly confused. She was pretty sure she hasn't said anything funny.

"Darling, you are absolutely gorgeous. All girls would love to be like you so hurry up, put the dress on and make my son crazy for you."

Lana couldn't stop the deep crimson crossing her cheeks and nodded silently.

"Question. Where's the bathroom?"

Esme directed her and watched her go, satisfied with her son's mate. He was extremely lucky to get her. Extremely lucky.

•••

All of the other supernaturals seemed too busy to notice the King and the previous King talking animatedly to one another.

The younger King cleared his throat, confused at what Giovanni was trying to grasp at.

"I don't understand what you mean."

Giovanni sat before Maximus, an aura of elegance and authority surrounding him like a protection barrier against everyone.

However, his eyes were captivating. It seemed like small storms swirled continuously in the dark pools and it created a haunting feeling to the person staring into them.

Sometime, you would be able to see the ancient pain lingering in those puzzling eyes and it would be heartbreaking, so heartbreaking, that most would want to cry.

Currently, his eyes were filled with wise knowledge and Maximus sat still, in absolute wonder.

"I mean that if you do not deal with this correctly, you will be overthrown, attacked, hurt. This is not just by our own, but by the humans. Not all of us experienced what it was like under their reign but those who did would definitely not like it again."

Maximus nodded slowly.

"I agree. What I don't understand is how we are supposed to have something close to a world war without the humans catching onto what we are doing. This isn't just a few undead monsters, this is millions. It won't be long before they start to attack the humans."

Giovanni appreciated Maxmius. He was clever and calculating, perfect for the role of King.

But he hadn't experienced real torture.

Although Giovanni thought this silently, he didn't know the pain of Max's past; nobody did.

Nobody except Max and his Mother.

"Then you find who started this. The Goddess hasn't created these abominations because they break down the barriers so that must mean that they are created. You have to find who it is and stop the zombies from taking over. If you don't, consider us and the humans ended because they don't seem friendly my King, not at all."

Giovanni stood and left Max by himself alone, drowning in his own thoughts.

•••

Lana fiddled with her hands as she stepped out of her hiding place and infront of the Queen.

"You look beautiful! Wow...Maximus is so damn lucky!"

Lana blushed and then groaned. It was like she had nothing else to do but blush and Lana was not one for blushing.

She glanced into the mirror opposite her and gasped.

The dress hugged her curves, creating the illusion of an hourglass figure that Lana knew she didn't have.

"I didn't know this dress possessed magic aswell."

Her once wet hair had dried into the natural curls she had.

The dress emphasised her eyes, making them seem as if they glowed all the time.

"Maximus will be finishing his meeting in a little while, let me put some make up on you while we wait."

Lana couldn't control the loud groan of protest and physically slumped.

"Please don't torture me like this. What have I done to deserve this Goddess? Tell me please?"

Esme rolled her eyes at the dramatic girl and decided to compromise to clam her down.

"Alright, alright, I'll do some light, natural make up and I promise I won't go over the top."

Lana slyly grinned and then turned to her future mother-in-law, plastering a fake smile on her lips.

"Thank you ever so much for being so considerate."

Esme let out an obnoxiously loud laugh whilst subtly narrowing her eyes at Lana before pulling out a gigantic make up kit with a thousand and more products laying in it.

Lana's grey eyes widened a fraction at the amount; her body yearned to run away from the products but she reluctantly sat in the chair placed for her and awaited the impending doom.

Goddess what a drama queen.

The Queen happily picked up items and started to apply stuff on Lana's face while making sure that she supported a bright smile.

"I hope you don't make me into a panda."

Esme hissed in annoyance.

"Shut up Lana!"

She looked and smiled.

All done!