15

Maximus ran through the long corridors clad in marble, his powerful legs carrying him towards his mate.

He could feel slight pain in his mind and knew straight away it was from Lana.

He pushed the door open with impatience, falling on his knees near his mate.

His hands found the sides of her head and he kissed her sweaty forehead, whispering sweet things in her ear in attempts to help with the pain.

She cried out again, a piercing scream filled with wholesome pain. Leo was the next to fall into the room, his hands clutching his head in severe pain.

Leo curled into a ball, crying silently into his sleeve.

Max had no idea what to do. His mate and her twin were both writhing in pain and he was just stood there like an idiot.

He mindlinked the Doctor and his Mother, forcing them to come as quick as possible.

Lana was now whimpering, scarlet blood pouring like tears from her eyes. Max's heart broke at the sight and fear crawled into his mind as he attempted to clean the bloody tears.

He ran to Leo and did the same, cleaning the thick red blood with the corner of his top.

"Max..."

Hands shaking, Max turned to his mate who was now standing with blood dripping out of her ears aswell.

"My parents. Please."

Both siblings said please together from either side, blood now coming at immense speed.

Max looked from one to the other, eyes widening more and more at the amount of liquid coming out of their bodies.

He caught Lana before she could fall again, his hands encircling her body. Her eyes stared back into his, even when she slipped out of consciousness.

The Doctor finally arrived, getting straight to work when he saw the conditions of both the siblings.

Esme stood by her son, completely speechless. She had never seen anything like this in her life.

Her eyes found her son's and internally, she felt extreme pity grow in her heart.

From the start her son had been cursed with a horrible Father - a horrible childhood. And now, a horrible future.

She smiled weakly at her son and looked back at the disaster in front of them.

It felt like the zombie problem seemed miles away.

•••

My eyes fluttered open, darkness containing nothing but terror causing them to close tightly again

Where am I? Where is Leo? What the hell just happened?

I forced my eyes open and I adjusted to the darkness. I was on a hospital bed, that's for sure.

The uncomfortable feeling of a hard mattress beneath me gave it all away and the numerous other beds were just additions.

I looked to the bed closest to me and instantly felt the sibling connection to the man curled up.

I pulled myself up, weakness seeping into my muscles at the sudden movement.

Everything was all wrong. I didn't even know who my parents were anymore and now this. Clearly, we are not normal.

I carefully nudged Leo, trying to get him awake. This hospital was giving me major creep vibes. I could just imagine a horror movie being filmed here.

Leo moved in protest and finally yawned, sitting up straight away before wincing. His right hand was underneath the pillow as if he was reaching for something on instinct.

"It's just me. We have got to get out of here. I do not feel safe right now."

Leo scanned his surroundings, another habit I had picked up on. It was like everywhere we went, he was on constant alert.

He stood awkwardly and squeezed closer to me, snuggling into my side. His eyes closed once again and he was fast asleep yet again, standing up.

I snorted loudly and then slapped a hand over my face. This is a hospital and I've just snorted at night when people are trying to sleep.

Great.

I swung an arm over his shoulders and weakly pulled him towards the door.

He stood for a few minutes and then just fell. His head hit against the door and then his eyes ripped open, wide in shock.

I tried to control my laughter by rolling my lips inwards but it didn't work and for the first time in a long time, I released a hearty laugh.

This is what having a brother feels like.

Leo raised a dark eyebrow in annoyance and pulled the door open, stomping out like an immature child.

I chuckled whilst walking behind him, edging closer to him as we covered more distance.

The hallways looked like the hallways from hell. There was no-one around and only a few lights dotted here and there.

Leo was about to enter the lift when I pulled him back, tutting at him.

"One thing horror movies have taught me is to never take a lift in a hospital at night. You may get possessed. We are taking the stairs."

My twin narrowed his eyes at me in confusion and then after finally clicking on, started to clutch his stomach in laughter.

"I can't believe you think that! Idiot!"

Then he laughed. For about 5 straight minutes, the only thing in the hospital was the sound of Leo's laughter.

Afterwards though, he just shrugged his shoulders and pushed open the doors for the stairs, waiting for me to follow him.

What a weird man.

As we were walking down the stairs, Leo decided to contribute another meaningless comment.

"As if we are related and you are the older one. You are crazy."

I glared daggers in his back, imagining many ways of killing him and then resurrecting him just to kill him again.

"Shut your mouth otherwise I will not hesistate in pushing you down these steep stairs. Yeah, I went there. Suck it up."

Leo gulped loudly and after that, we walked down the stairs in silence. Well, as silent as I can get.

That was until we heard a very suspicious noise.