18

Esme's jaw dropped as her eyes took in her mate. His amazing body, his gorgeous face, his devillish smirk.

Even her wolf could not control herself from drooling over her mate. Damn, Esme was begging for him.

Maximus growled louder than before, his eyes glowing bright in anger. He pulled his mate behind him as protection and stood close to his Mother.

"What the f*ck do you think you're doing in my house Ventus?"

Ventus just smirked, his line of sight only on one person in the room. His mate.

Her eyes were wide and lips were parted, her hair falling either side of her face.

He smiled wider and finally looked at his 'son'. It had been a while since he had seen Max and now, he took his time admiring the strength the current King carried with him.

"Ofcourse I am here. I would never miss the time my mate finally tells her son that he is illegitimate. And I also know you are hiding a certain somebody that will become of great use to me. Lana, am I right?"

Ventus now was watching the person he needed. She stepped out from behind Max, her eyes narrowing in determination as their eyes met.

Lana had grown to be a beautiful woman with long, black locks and sharp, grey eyes.

She was clad in normal clothes, one hand one her hip. Max stood closer to her, his hand slipping around her waist.

The previous King chuckled at the small action.

"Well, since you all are just full of suprises today, I shall show you my own. Esme, this one is dedicated to you."

He turned, his back facing the anxious crowd.

"Katerina dear, come here will you?"

A young girl who looked to be about 18 stepped into the room, blonde hair curled to perfection the size of a bob framing her face.

Her bright blue eyes swept across the room until they found Ventus and she smiled to him, standing next to him.

"Yes Father?"

Katerina's body was wrapped in a beautiful pastel yellow victorian style dress and her whole aura radiated innocence.

"Meet your cousin, Maximus and his mate Lana. The woman over there is my true mate, Esme."

Katerina smiled towards everyone.

Ventus stepped forward and spoke once again. "The only way to be equal to you Esme was to cheat on you with someone close to you. Do you want to know who it was?"

Esme already knew. However, her whole demeanour had changed. Here stood a Queen who had to kill her mate to protect her son. A Queen who had to lead the country on her own. Who had suffered from abuse and hate. Who succeeded, and was a tigress, cunning and smart.

She allowed a smile to slip onto her lips as she moved towards Katerina whilst pulling her blazing hair back.

She faced Katerina, playing with her hair and fawning over her beauty. The tan Katerina carried gave it all away.

"You are beautiful. Ask your Mother if she has found a mate yet, I haven't been able to get in touch with my sister for a long time. She moved to Spain and did not call me."

Katerina smiled and hugged Esme in a happy kind of way. "You are the Esme my Mother always talked about! She always spoke about her twin that she hadn't talked to for so long. Nobody ever knows that I am related to you guys though because of my hair and eyes that I get off Father. I am so happy your recognised me!"

Ventus had always admired his daughter. An angel fallen from the Moon Goddess herself. She was such a kind hearted girl.

Esme laughed, only finding happiness in the situation. Her twin had always wanted a child, no matter what. And it wasn't her fault. Esme was the one who hadn't informed Isobel about who her mate was.

"I want to say something else Esme. Why did you never tell my brother that you were having his child? Because I have. He should be arriving around about...now."

Max was the first one to see his real Father barge through the door. He watched as the man tried to control his Lycan, his body shaking.

"Where is my child Esme?"

Esme sighed and pointed towards Max, her eyes hooded over with guilt.

The Man strided towards his son. "Octavius let me expl-"

Octavius turned on his heel, silencing Esme with a single glare.
"I do not need you to explain Esme."

Another woman entered, wearing a leather outfit with her brunette hair tied up in a high pony tail.

"Where is Octavius? He was in a rush."

Her voice was overpowering naturally, displaying her status as a warrior wolf.

She followed Octavius, standing closely behind him as his mate should. She remained silent when Octavius embraced his son, already knowing what was happening.

Ventus mockingly clapped his hands and circled the room. "Isn't this just the perfect family reunion? But what if, whilst we were all stood here, zombies started taking over the streets of King Maximus' kingdom, slaughtering everyone in their wake? And what if this area was now surrounded by zombies? Oh and let me not forget, what if I snatched the mate of the King when he was lovingly hugging his Father?"

Katerina was gone from the room and Ventus was holding Lana with a knife to her throat.

Lana watched as her mate's eyes hardened and she smiled weakly, already ahead of the game.

Leo, we are in a bit of mess.

It took a few minutes for him to tune in but when he replied, she sighed in relief briefly.

What's happened?

Well, Ventus has appeared with his daughter and called his brother to tell him that Esme has had his child. His name is Octavius and he has a warrior mate.

Also, I'm currently being held by Vectus with a knife at my neck.