11

Lana bolted down the corridor, her worn-out eyes coloured with smoky eyeshadow trained on her aggressive mate.

There was no way he would stop. His hands were finding anything close to him and he would throw anything that he could get a hold of.

Lana squinted her eyes, the view blurring. A looming silhoutte lurked in the distance, making it's way towards Lana in alarming speed.

Her heart stopped beating for a split second as she caught on to what was being said by the mysterious figure.

'Follow me...Follow me now...You need to follow me.. Follow me now...Don't suffer the consequences...HURRY UP!'

As soon as the last two words were said, the figure -now identified as a maid- crashed harshly into Lana's shoulder, forcing her back to roughly connect with the floor.

It took all of her strength to get Lana back on her feet in the stilettos she was told to wear but with a groan, she pulled herself back up. She was not going to be left alone after that.

She blinked, her eyes focusing back onto the corridor infront of her. Maximus was gone, but the maid that had horribly shoved her to the floor was running away, taking the opposite direction to the King.

Lana sighed heavily, contemplating who to follow. The King could fix himself but this maid...

She glanced towards the turning back of the maid and chucked her shoes off of her feet, racing after the disappearing figure. Her breaths were coming out in uneven pants as she tried to keep with up the supernatural speed of the maid and found herself infront of a door, the maid now gone from existence.

No sign of anyone was to be seen anywhere; Lana gulped loudly before clutching the cold handle with her moist fingers.

Her shaky hand slowly opened the door and she peeked in.

Nothing. Everything in the room displayed the charecteristics of a normal maid's room, starting from the clothes on the bed and leading to the brush on the oak dresser.

Lana closed the door and slid down it, staying in the room. She could've helped her mate but she chose a stupid maid over him, and that was just her being stupid.

A small white paper caught the corner of Lana's grey eyes.

She stretched her legs and awkwardly limped towards the maid's clothing. Nervously, she pushed the clothing to the side, only to find letters written in a beautiful cursive writing.

Lana's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as her eyes scanned the names written at the top and bottom of the slightly wrinkled paper.

Her eyes widened and her lips parted in a small gasp. This could not be who she thought it was...

•••

Maximus allowed one side of his lips to tilt upwards as he threw the glass vase. His eyes glowed and his veins felt like they were about to burst but the tantrum was a pretty good relief.

The distinct smell of his mate was gone from behind him but right now, he couldn't give a flying f*ck.

His Father. His goddamn Father. How does he survive everything? His hands turned into fists and went flying towards the wall.

Punch. Punch punch punch.

Useless son of a b*tch.

Punch. Punch punch punch.

Your Mother and I never wanted you. Why don't you do us both a favour and kill yourself?

Punch. Punch punch punch.

Let me have some fun with your Mother or suffer the consequences.

Punch. Punch punch punch punch punch.

The wall cracked under the pressure of his knuckles and he smiled a full blown smile.

Ironic. The wall represents his heart. He squeezed his eyes tightly.

I am older now. I can beat him. I will beat him.

But how could he be alive? What if they were just exaggerating and jumping to conclusions?

Max fell on his bed, his head in his hands. It can't be him. His Mother made sure of that.

And anyway, his Father would never be smart enough to create zombies. This time Max closed his eyes in brief relief.

The Moon Goddess was surely not hat mean, was she?

•••

Marie and Nathan Dixon.

Lana's whole body started to shake in fear as she spun around, paranoia creeping in menacingly, surrounding her from every corner.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she clutched the paper close to her chest, memories from the past messing with her current situation, creating a sense of PTSD for her.

The fire. The screams. Her Aunt's face.

Lana fell to the floor, hiccups and small screams emitting from a her painted lips.

Their bodies. The blood. The noose and trees coated in crimson.

She carefully turned the paper around to see scribbled handwriting occupying the free space.

'Wanna know the truth behind your family? Leave your mate and meet me in the forest and 10 in the night tomorrow. I'll leave you alone if you come, you will have to guess what happens if you don't.'

Her wolf whined in the back of her mind. Her parent's death was not one Lana wanted to be reminded of but this, this was bringing up locked up memories.

Lana pulled at her designed hair. The frustration was growing like a plague in her body and was becoming uncomfortable.

She wanted to scream. She wanted to scream so loud that the glass around her would satisfyingly break and her parents would magically come back to life.

Why now? Why all of a sudden bad someone decided that they needed to do this now?

Her eyes flickered to the actual letter and she read.

When you get this Nathan, you need to run. Laurie has found out. She's not going to stop until we are both dead. You always said that what we were doing was wrong but you know me. Revenge before anything. That's why you have to run. You and little Lana have to go. And that too now.