13

Lana furrowed her perfectly shaped eyebrows, glancing between her eyelashes at her newly found brother.

"How do you know what I was thinking?"

Leo gently moved his sister, chuckling at her confused expression. "That's also a thing. I'm pretty sure there's nothing else."

Leo frowned as he thought about his parents. His eyes flickered towards Lana who seemed so excited. Everything he would say would wreck the perfect image. For sure.

Lana waited impatiently for the man to say something. For some reason, she could not even attempt to read what he was thinking. It was like something was stopping her from entering. Maybe she could do the same.

Lana imagined a tall, wide wall around what she thought would be an image of her memories, thoughts and feelings.

Please work.

Her attention was back on Leo when he moved. His hands were running through his black hair, his grey eyes narrowing at nothing.

Stress lines embedded in his forhead appeared and Lana placed her dainty hand on his shoulder as a sense of some type of comfort.

"Our parents aren't good Lana, I don't think you want to know. And anyway, I don't even know their full story. I was halfway through it when I found out about our past."

Lana groaned, fiddling with the edge of her clothes. Her parents...

What was she too think? If they were still alive, then maybe Lana would not love them anymore because if they are alive, then that means she was abandoned.

That is not a nice thought.

Then there's also the problem with her Aunty. Whatever they did to her Aunty must've caused alot of issues if she wanted to kill her parents.

Oh Goddess...

"I know they are bad. Anyway, I broke any type of bond I had with them as soon as I read a diary entry. Did you put that there?"

Leo squinted his eyes in confusion and shrugged his broad shoulders. "Nope, the letter was the only thing I made. There was no diary entry."

So if he hadn't put the diary entry then that means he hasn't got a clue about their parents!

Lana gasped loudly and agressively punched his arm. "Somebody else knows and wanted us to meet! We have to find who!"

Leo groaned but complied, following his energetic twin into the forest.

What a day.

•••

Piles upon piles of worn out leather diaries stacked in the corner of the room was the first thing that Maximus noticed when he walked into the room.

The second most obvious thing was the shaking ex-queen crying her eyes out whilst pointing towards the pile of diaries.

And lastly, was the red message written on the wall behind the diaries, meaning half of it was covered by the old books.

Maximus withheld his confusion and shifted towards his Mother, his eyes tracking her every move.

"His diaries..."

The words were fleeting whispers but Maximus worked out what she had said.

He looked back towards the diaries, only to finally notice the distinct symbol etched in the front of the decayed leather.

A crown encircled in a moon with a lycan howling towards it.

Max's eyes widened at the eerily familiar sign and stumbled back, gulping loudly as he tried to control the panicked pants escaping his lips.

No no no no no.

The Queen clutched her son's clothes tightly, clinging onto him as if he was the last thing on Earth.

Max wasn't any better. He had his arms wrapped around his Mother's frail body as both Mother and Son had intense flashbacks from the back.

Flashbacks of the previous King scribbling ideas upon ideas in his unique notebooks, forbiding anyone to enter the room when he was writing.

Maximus remembered him writing in them for hours, never leaving his study until he had finally finished whatever he was frantically writing.

Sometimes, he would even lock himself up in the room so nobody could even disturb him.

"We should read them Mother."

Max forced the words out of his mouth and slowly made his way to the stack of books, flinging them all over until the message on the wall was clear.

You thought you could easily slip out the mistake you made Esme. Now it's time for you to show your son what you really did. Oh, and there's a nice extra suprise in there for you both.

The message was not signed off but it was painstakingly clear who exactly had written the threat... in blood.

Esme inhaled the smell of the crimson liquid and instantly gagged, vomiting all over the expertly cleaned marble floor.

Max paled, blinking numerous times before finally understanding what the words meant.

It was true...Ventus was back.

•••

Lana finally reached her destination, heaving in oxygen due to the fast running in the woods.

Leo stopped beside her, perfectly fine.

She rolled her eyes at his perfect state and immediately stood up, a distance feeling of pain and terror seeping into her kind.

Max...

Lana started running again, this time without warning.

"Where are you going?!"

Lana glanced over her shoulder to where her twin was. He had also started running but was a distance behind her.

"To find my mate. You better keep up!"

Leo sniggered at the sarcastic comment and caught up to his sister, keeping shoulder to shoulder with her just to make her feel slightly better about herself.

They both entered the huge mansion, Lana leading the way.

If Leo was being truthful, he would've stopped just to admire the insane designs accompanied with the humoungous doors and the amazingly shiny marble floor which seemed brighter than his future.

However, his twin seemed stressed so he put his intentions to the side and continued to follow her through the maze-like corridors.

Lana, somehow, managed to speed up as they approached the old study that Esme sometimes sat in.

The putrid smell of dried blood filled both the siblings' nostrils and gasps were heard.