Love at first sight (Chapter 19)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH. Long time no upload? SORRY! I feel really bad you guys. I left you hanging for two months! I'm letting you all know no matter what happens, I will never give up on this story. I'll keep updating because you guys like it and I do too. I just had writers block and started focusing on my other story, Kiss and Tell ;) I have re-read this story, edited it a bit, and added a few things here and there. Overall, the story is way better and more put together lol. I didn't realize how bad I was at writing at the beginning of the year versus where I am now. :) SO, there aren't any major changes. ONLY MAJOR CHANGE: Ashley started to think Asher was being nice to her (and also the reason he decided to quit playing with girls) was to get on her good side so that she'd fall for him and he'd get into her pants. She did fall in love with him, they did date, but they never reached that milestone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, spill," Kara demanded.

I snapped my eyes away from Jason's gorgeous face towards my friend. "Huh?"
She smirked. "Oh c'mon. First you ditched me for two weeks to date that loser," she gestured to Asher who was sitting in the back of the classroom laughing with his idiotic friends, "and when she showed up you guys broke up," she pointed to Emma. "And now he shows up," she shot a pointed look at Jason, "And you guys are BFF's. Am I missing something?"

I immediately realized Kara must have felt like a third wheel or a total loser. What kind of friend was I? I ditched her when she decided to hang out with me for the popular kids and then came running back to her when Asher dumped me. I was an insensitive assh*le.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I feel so stupid! I mean, you were the only person who ever cared about me and I totally ditched you for Asher! I feel like such an idiot! He didn't even care about me anyways, he just wanted to get into my pants!" I ranted furiously.

She laughed. "It's okay. I wasn't actually referring to you ditching me when I asked you that but its nice to get an apology. I was talking about how you're getting all of this attention! I feel bad admitting this, but Asher is hot. And Jason is even hotter. I didn't even know that was possible!" She fanned herself, oogling him with her eyes.

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "He is cute, isn't he?"

She giggled back. "Hell yes!"

At that precise moment, Jason decided to turn around. He locked eyes with me and winked. I felt blodd rush to my face and he smirked. I mouthed shut up to him.

I was supposed to be Jason's 'buddy' for this week. I was assigned to take him to all of his classes and show him how to get there. If he needed help with anything, he was to come to me.

I didn't mind at all.

"So? What's your trick?" she questioned.

I smirked at her. "Why, does someone have a crush?"

Her cheeks flushed. "No," she denied quickly.

Too quick. I grinned. "Who is it?"

She looked at her desk and looked out from under her eyelashes. "See him?" I followed her line of sight to the kid sitting next to me.

"Chris?" I whispered. She nodded frantically. I chuckled. Chris was the sweetest kid I'd ever met. He was the cute shy type. He rarely talked and was a perfect student.  "Why don't you ask him out to the Halloween Dance?"

Her eyes widened. "N-no! Me, ask him? Shouldn't it be a guy asks me?"

I snorted. "That's so sexist. You think only guys can ask girls to dances?"