Fight for Me (Chapter 21)

Ashley on the side ;) ----->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Asher! ASHER, WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU? STOP!" I ran after my ex-boyfriend, yelling at him. He quickly turned a corner and I let out a string of colorful words under my breath.

I definitely wasn't used to chasing Asher. He was always chasing me, trying to win me over, trying to get me to be his friend, trying to get me to be his girlfriend, trying to get me to forgive him when he did something stupid...the list went on and on. He was always there for me up until Emma came.

I scowled at the thought of her. She ruined my life. She stole my boyfriend, raised my nerd status, made fun of me all the time in that sneaky way of hers so everyone would think she was an angel. She was the worst kind of person.

Lost in thought, I slammed into a very hard wall. I moaned in pain as I peeled away my face from the brick, only to see my wall was the one and only- Asher. He looked pissed off and angry as hell as he read through my texts.

I winced.

Ever since I broke up with Asher, which would be about almost three weeks, I'd been complaining about Emma to Kara. And I definitely spoke my mind about her. I knew Asher and her were best friends forever so he was obviously going to be angry.

"You stepped on Kara's foot and blamed it on Emma?"

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't blame anything on Emma. Kara just jumped to conclusions."

"Is this what you do in your free time? Bitch about people you don't even know?" he looked at me angrily and threw my phone to me.

I obviously didn't catch it since my hand eye coordination sucked, so it made contact with the ugly white brick wall behind me, creating a loud smacking sound as it rolled to the floor. Luckily, the hallway was empty so no one saw.

"What the heck is wrong with you? Why are you so angry? It's not like I said any of those things to her face! She, on the other hand, has no problem expressing her hatred towards me."

He shook his head and I watched him run his hands through his chocolate brown hair, something I knew he only did when he was frusterated. "Forget it."

I frowned, taking hold of his shirt. "Asher," I softened my voice. "What's wrong?"

Suddenly, he spun around as fast as a violent whirlwind and cupped my face in his strong hands, crashing his lips to mine. I stopped like a deer caught in the headlights, my eyes wide.

All of a sudden my heart was beating so loudly in my chest I was afraid Asher could hear it. Asher moved his right hand behind my head, pulling my face closer to him. Heat seeped from his body into mine and I could feel the electricity from his lips on mine run through my body, making my toes curl. I brought my hands up from where they were hanging limp by my side to tangle into his messy dark chocolate brown hair.

He walked forwards until my back hit the wall. I felt him trace my lower lip with his tongue and I opened my mouth, savoring his minty taste. I hadn't kissed him in so long, I had no idea how much I missed it. How much I missed him. He pulled back and I caught my breath, trapped in his beautiful swirling sky blue eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" he pushed me back angrily and my head bounced off the wall.

I let out a cry of pain and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me into his tight, muscled chest. He tucked my face into his chest as he kissed the top of my head. He murmered, "Sorry..."

I ripped my body away from his hold, scared by the safe protected feeling I got in his arms. For god's ask, he just slammed my head into a wall. Why did I feel safe around him? "Why am I doing what?" I questioned.