The Inevitable

{Bit of a back story for you. I almost never upload anything on here. I've kind of fell out of writing, fanfic especially. I do have a full story that's in the works but who's to know if it will ever be completed. I found this in my notes from a couple months back and liked the flow. At first it was a no-named boy and girl situation but I decided to make it Dean and Cas and upload. The way I had wrote it was more smooth with leaving names out, but however that was a straight couple with just he's and her's, now with it being both boys it's a bit trickier but I tried to make it as smooth as possible.
Not sure how many people will actually read it, but enjoy and feedback would be lovely. Xx} 

What if,
there was this couple that loved each other indefinitely, but later on one falls for another person.
"You like him, don't you?" Dean asks, trying not to choke on the words as they sit facing each other on the couch.
Castiel just nods, staring down at his lap.
"It's okay, you don't have to feel bad. It happens." Dean claims though his heart is slowly shattering.
"But I still love you." Cas' voice is shaky and he is barely holding it together.
Dean reaches to grab his hands. "I want you to go for it, for him. I don't want to hold you back anymore. I want you to have what you want. Truly." These words suffocate him but he means them nonetheless.
"It's so fucking hard. I tried, I really did. To block the feelings out. But they wouldn't stop." Cas is angry at himself. At the world for letting this happen.
"I know." Dean looks back on it all. He watched it happen. Cas and the other boy would talk often which kept becoming more and more. He saw him leaving.
Minutes pass in silence.
"We can still be friends. If we happen to run into each other that would be fine but no hanging out intentionally. We can stay close as long as both of us are comfortable with that."
Dean says, almost in a whisper, barely holding back the tears.
So that's what they did. They were friends. At first they still talked all the time, almost as if nothing had changed. But they both knew it did, and it would never go back. It died off, of course. Once a week. Then once a month.
Then Dean gets a text out of nowhere after they hadn't talked for months.
"He broke up with me."
That's it. Dean consulted him. Comforted him. He was there, just like he always said he would be. Dean was just now moving on from him, and Cas was slowly wanting him back. Realizing what he had done. He destroyed a perfect relationship for a boy he barely knew.
But Dean was gone. He fell back into an old toxic relationship and when he told Cas this, his replies were short. He didn't notice.
He didn't notice he picked up drinking and partying every weekend. To making out with strangers. Walking home alone after his so called boyfriend left him alone to leave for some other boy.
Cas didn't know because he didn't care.
And still.
He doesn't know.
He doesn't know that Dean is on some random bathroom floor sobbing his eyes out. His veins pumping with several different beverages. His head spinning from some pills he was handed from a girl he met five minutes before.
Cas doesn't know as he continues to tell Dean about what happened with the boy he left him for.
He's so oblivious.
He wrecked  him.
And he doesn't notice.

*original*

What if,
there was this couple that loved each other indefinitely, but later on one falls for another person.
"You like her, don't you?" She asks, trying not to choke on the words as they sit facing each other on the couch.
The boy just nods, staring down at his lap.
"It's okay, you don't have to feel bad. It happens." The girl claims though her heart is slowly shattering.
"But I still love you." His voice is shaky and he is barely holding it together.
The girl reaches to grab his hands. "I want you to go for it, for her. I don't want to hold you back anymore. I want you to have what you want. Truly." These words suffocate her but she means them nonetheless.
"It's so fucking hard. I tried, I really did. To block the feelings out. But they wouldn't stop." He's angry at himself. At the world for letting this happen.
"I know." She looks back on it all. She watched it happen. They would talk often which kept becoming more and more. She saw him leaving.
Minutes pass in silence.
"We can still be friends. If we happen to run into each other that would be fine but no hanging out intentionally. We can stay close as long as both of us are comfortable with that."
So that's what they did. They were friends. At first they still talked all the time, almost as if nothing had changed. But they both knew it did, and it would never go back. It died off, of course. Once a week. Then once a month.
Then she gets a text out of nowhere after they hadn't talked for months.
"She broke up with me."
That's it. She consulted him. Comforted him. She was there, just like she always said she would be. She was just now moving on from him, and he was slowly wanting her back. Realizing what he had done. He destroyed a perfect relationship for a girl he barely knew.
She was gone. She fell back into an old toxic relationship and when she told him this, his replies were short. He didn't notice.
He didn't notice she picked up drinking and partying every weekend. To making out with strangers. Walking home alone after her so called boyfriend left her alone to leave for some other girl.
He didn't know because he didn't care.
And still.
He doesn't know.
He doesn't know that she is on some random bathroom floor sobbing her eyes out. Her veins pumping with several different beverages. Her head spinning from some pills she was handed from a girl she met five minutes before.
He doesn't know as he continues to tell her about what happened with the girl he left her for.
He's so oblivious.
He wrecked  her.
And he doesn't notice.