Dean X Reader

**Edited**

I'm sooo sorry this took so long to update. I know this is such a lame excuse but it's true, school work has been getting on top of me lately. I'm really going to try uploading more regularly now!!

Also sorry there are quite a few time skips in this one!

Word count: 1307 (inc A/N's etc.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Your POV
Currently, I'm sitting in a bar watching my crush of 6 years flirt with a group of girls. It used to get to me more, but now I've just gotten used to it. I mean yea it annoys me and does kinda hurt, but Dean Winchester is never going to change. And anyway, I am definitely not his type.

Dean gives Sam and me a thumbs up when he walks out with one of the girls clinging to his arm. I just roll my eyes and Sam gives me a sympathetic look because he knows how I feel about Dean. I sigh and give him a small smile.

"Don't worry, Sammy, I'm fine."

"Y/N one day he'll get it through his thick skull that you're way better than all those girls." I smile and nod, but I don't really agree because I know it's not true.

**A few months later**
We're doing it again. Sam and I are sitting in a bar watching Dean flirt. Girls are clinging to his left, right and centre. You know what. Forget this shit. If he's going to have fun. Then so am I, I'm not going to let him stop me anymore.

I get up and head towards the other side of the bar and sit down. It doesn't take long for a guy to come up to me and start flirting with me.

"What's a pretty girl like you sitting alone?" he asks in an attempt to start flirting with me.

Our flirting session goes on for a while before I leave with him. After a night with him, I leave early in the morning, before he's awake and head back to the bunker to sleep. What I wasn't expecting was the wrath of Dean to be upon me as soon as I walked through the door.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asks angrily and glares at me.

"None of your business."

"I saw you leave with that guy. You were with him, weren't you?" He accuses me.

"So what if I was? You spend the night with girls on a daily basis. So why can't I?" Dean didn't have an answer. He just walks to his room and slams the door.

**A week later**
Ever since Dean and I argued, there's been "an atmosphere" as Sam calls it. Dean and I are tense whenever we're around each other. Things need to change soon. I'm tired of this.

"Dean, can we talk?" I ask while standing in the doorway of his room.

"Uh... sure," he says and invites me in.

"What you wanna talk about then Y/N."

"I think you already know. I want to know why you were so annoyed after I slept with that guy. I want to know why you think you can control me."

"Firstly, I don't think I can control you Y/N; nobody can. And secondly, I don't know why I was so angry, Okay, I just was."

"Dean that's no excuse."

"I just didn't trust him, I suppose. And I thought you were sensible enough not to trust anyone you just met too."

"You do not get to say that to me, Dean Winchester! You go off and sleep with girls daily! You sleep with them when you have no idea who the fuck they are. Don't you dare tell me I'm not sensible for sleeping with one guy I don't know one time!"

"I didn't think you were so naive!"

"Naive? Dean Winchester, I cannot believe what you're saying! Are you even listening to anything I'm saying?!"

"Yes but everything you're saying is stupid!" He shouts, and that's it. That's the last straw. So I hit him, hard. He staggers back a bit and holds his cheek. Then screams at me to get out and never come back and that he hates me. I don't complain. I walk out back to my room and pack my bags, muttering about Dean being impossible. What on earth did I ever see in that man?

I walk out without saying anything to either of them, unknowing that that would be the last time I see them both for years.

**3 years later**
Sammy has been keeping tabs on me ever since I left the bunker, checking in from time to time to make sure I'm alive and well.

Now I'm on a hunt; it was supposed to be a simple case, kill the vamps, save the kid. But it went to shit. Currently, the kid is dead on the floor next to me, and the vamp is coming for me next. My machete is halfway across the room, unreachable. This is it. This is the end. I'm going to die.

Then suddenly two men come barreling through the door, machetes in hand, ready for a fight. Winchesters. Of course, if anyone was going to save me, it would be them. They deal with the remaining vamps then put their attention on me, already knowing the kid is dead.

I get up and brush myself off.

"I had it sorted," I tell them.

"Thanks, Sam and Dean," Dean says sarcastically and only slightly jokingly.

"Thanks, boys," I say rather sheepishly. Sam says nothing, but instead wraps me up in his arms and hugs me.

"It's good to see you Y/N," he says.

"Backatcha Sammy." I say looking at him, then I overt my eyes to Dean, "you too, Dean". Dean gives me a small smile and a nod. The brothers share a look then Sam announces he'll meet us in the car.

Dean scratches his neck awkwardly.
"Dean, whatever it is just spit it out."

"Well..... I wanted to apologise, for what I said the last time we saw each other. I was out of line, and truthfully, I was jealous."

"Good," I said smiling slightly.

"Good?" He repeats, confused.

"Yea good. I slept with the guy to make you jealous you dimwit."

"Wait what?"

"Dean I was upset and jealous that you always went off with all those girls, so I decided to give you a taste of your own medicine. Evidently, it didn't have the desired effect."

"Oh." is all he says as he suddenly finds his shoes oh so interesting.

"Yea.." I say awkwardly.

"Why?" He asks after a minute of silence.

"Why what?"

"Why were you jealous?"

"Because I loved you," I answered honestly.

"You did?" He asks, and all I can do is nod in reply. "Oh..."

"Forget about it, Dean. Get back to Sammy."

"You're coming too."

"No. No, I'm not."

"You have to," he announces confidently, probably a bit too boldly.

"Why?"

"Because I'm in love with you. I don't know if you're feelings are the same as they were, but I've always loved you. Those girls were a distraction, so I didn't think of you too much." He admits, looking at his shoes again.

"Oh..." Is my only reply before he leans down and kisses me. It only lasts for a second, but it's something I've wanted to do for ages.

"Let's go home, Dean," I say while interlacing my fingers with his. It's my way of telling him I still love him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

If anyone has even the tiniest of inclination to request, then please feel free to, either in a chapter or private message me, it's entirely up to you. If you enjoyed this please, please vote and comment on it I really appreciate it! Thanks to those who have!