Cliché Camera Captured Coffee Cups

Chapter 1

Cliché Camera Captured Coffee Cups

Starbucks. Everyone's favourite coffee shop. Or so they say in their captions of the photos they post online. It was one of these popular Starbucks branches that Satoshi Takatsu happened to be at after his final exam.

He was following his daily routine, of course. Takatsu would bus from the school at the exact same time every day to the Starbucks shop near his apartment and stay there for a while, reflecting on thoughts about the meaning of life and other deep philosophical things. After exactly an hour of deep reflective thoughts about life and observing the routine behaviour of other humans, he would start on his walk home.

Today, he had noticed another one of those typical teenage girls taking a photo with her Starbucks cup on her phone. She made sure that the coffee shop logo as clearly visible before imitating a particular type of water bird with her lips as she posed for her selfie.

Takatsu shook his head slightly, to no one but himself, and wondered why people all acted that way.

When it was just the right time, he stood up from his table and proceeded to throw out his coffee cup before heading out the door.

Not without snapping a quick selfie with it first, of course.