Beautiful Blue Braids

Author's Note: OMG I'M SUPER PISSED RIGHT NOW AT THE WATTPAD APP BECAUSE IT JUST ERASED MY WHOLE CHAPTER 5 AND IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO WRITE AND IT WAS REALLY PRETTY AND CUTE. (I tried to rewrite it from what I remember.)

Chapter 5

Beautiful Blue Braids

"YUUKI!"

Two blue pigtails flew behind the little girl as she ran excitedly to her older sister whom she hadn't seen in a little over half a year. "I MISSED YOU SOOO MUCH!" She said as she buried her face into older sister's pure white dress in a hug.

Yuuki had recently been chosen as Guardian of Earth and was always busy with tasks regarding watching over the human world. It had been a little over half a year since the last time the sisters hadn't spent much quality time together. She had just returned after dealing with an earthquake in Japan and was anticipating a call sending her to deal with the damages the recent ice storm in Canada last Christmas had caused. But she wouldn't tell her sister that; they had to cherish their rare moments together.

"I missed you too, sweet Suuki!" Yuuki said smiling. She laughed a little at Suuki's reaction when she realized that she had dropped her precious stuffed bunny onto the cloud they were on in her eagerness to greet her older sister. She squints at the bunny inspecting it, naturally making one of those adorable scrunched up faces that only children can make.

"I think Mimzy is okay." Says the little girl, before looking back up and admiring her older sister's hair. Her eyes sparkled as she asked, "Can I braid your hair?"

"Of course you can! It'll be just like the old days, huh?"

Suuki grinned and nodded happily as she ran her small fragile fingers through her older sister's thick blue hair that she had always loved. Suuki also had naturally blue hair, however, it was still thin and a light shade of blue as she was still young. It would become a darker blue as she grew older.

The sisters used to always take turns braiding each other's hair and singing songs to the wind, their naturally angelic voices in perfect harmony creating beautiful duets seldom heard even in the human world by those few with quiet hearts.

Their mother who taught them music had once told them, "Music is everywhere. But it takes a quiet heart to hear it."

Author's Note (again): The quotation at the end of this chapter belongs to Takatsu.