The truth

Lance found himself, along with Keith, in the principal office. First period had already started but neither boy could leave until their parents came and the principle talked to the boys. Lance pretend to not notice how Keith stared at him with confusion and hurt. Lance didn't care, he was not taking the blame for this.

Roughly a quarter of an hour pass and two adults enter the office. One was a taller male, with black short hair, muscular build and grey eyes. The other was a slightly shorter woman who had long black hair that was curled and soft blue eyes, she was very tiny next to the older man.

Her eyes quickly scanned the office and when she saw Keith she made her way over to him talking in a hush voice. The man followed her, awkwardly joining the conversation.

Keith wasn't saying anything to the people until he nudged his head at Lances direction and both people were staring at Lance. The woman looked like she wanted to run over and slap Lance into the void while the men just looked disappointed.

Lance stared at his shoes, he wanted to screamed at them to stop staring but for some reason his voice shut down.

After a moment or two the women opened her mouth but was cut off by their principle.

He noticed the two adults and smiled warmly. He was an odd person, with ginger hair and an obnoxious moustache, His name was Mr. Altean but he insisted that everyone, including students, called him by his first name, Coran.

"Ah Mister and Misses Kogane I'm sorry you had to come in yet again. Please come into my office and we can talk about what happened." Coran opened his door wided and gestured for the parents entered. Keith stood up and followed his father, only before glancing back at Lance, tears welling in his eyes. The door was slammed shut.

Lance exhaled the breath that he had been unconsciously holding and slumped in his chair. Lance wanted to feel guilty, for some reason but he couldn't bring himself to be. What if he was waiting for the day he met his soulmate? Guess we were both disappointed.

Before Lance could get too caught up in his thoughts he was embraced by familiar arms Mama?

"Oh Lance huni, is everything alright?" His mother ran her hands through his short brown hair and fought back tears. "The school said you got in a fight, why?"

Lance looked at his mother and pushed his sleeve up and raised his wrist. It took roughly .5 seconds before Lance felt pain on his left cheek. It's a good thing nobody saw that, they were all alone in the office. His mother quickly lowered he hand and gripped his wrist hard.

"Carlos, do you realize what this means." She held his wrist, her nails digging into his skin. She's acting like I wanted this.

Lance dad stared at the red ink, Lance could see the gears running in his head. He looked like he wanted to say something or slap him like his mother, but he just clenched his jaw and backed away. "We will discuss this later, Lance."

Lance lowered his head, he didn't want to know what would happen to him. I can't end up like Camillia Lance touched the cross that hung from his neck. Please heavenly father, save me from this sin I've found myself in.

After about 20 minutes the Kogan's exited Coran's office, looking more upset than when they entered. However instead of tears, Keith's eyes were filled with hatred. He looked at Lance like he was dirt.

The atmosphere in the room shifted to a tense feeling. Both sets of parents were staring at each other with hatred and disgust.

Coran cleared his throat and looked towards the McClain's. "Thank you for coming in Mister and Misses McClain, will you all please come with me?" He opened the door wider. Lance could see how forced his smile was.