Feelings

Lance felt like he was floating, he couldn’t ground himself. His brain felt like someone took a blender to it. I’m going to hell, I’ve betrayed everyone around me. He felt strong arms wrap around him and pull him into a soft but firm object. Lance couldn’t move his arms, his limbs felt like lead and he struggled to fill his lungs with oxygen.

“Shhh, Lance. Shhh it’s going to be okay. You’re not going to hell. You’re going to be okay. Just breath, just k…” The voice trailed off and Lance struggled to hear the words being spoken.

His lungs started to burn from the lack of air and he started to feel an ach in his knees. His throat felt clogged and he struggled to clear his visions from the spots that started to cloud his vision.

“Lance, you need to breath alright? I need you to do this.” Hands cupped Lance’s face, rubbing small circles on his high cheekbones.

Who is this? Their hands are so warm and calming. Lance started to focus on his lungs and concentrated on bringing that magical gas that keeps him alive. In and out, in and out. He felt his lungs start to fill but it wasn’t enough, he was breathing to quickly. God, I’m going to die!

“Focus, I know you can do this.” Lance’s hand was placed on someone's chest and he could feel  their chest rise and fall, slowly. “Match you’re breathing with mine. Just focus.”  

Lance focused on the others person chest, letting his fingers tell him the pace he needed to breath.

Neither of the boys were sure how long they were holding each other simply breathing but neither of them cared.

Lance started to feel better, the dull ache that consumed his head started to leave and his vision because clearer. Keith? Lance rubbed his eyes and stared at the raven haired boy. He wanted to say thank you or ask him why he wasn’t home but his throat felt like it had cotton balls in it.

Keith didn’t pressure him though, he simply kept an even pace for Lance to follow. After a few more deep breath Lance slightly pushed himself away, running his hands through his short locks. “Sorry about that Keith, I wasn’t feeling too hot I guess.” His voice was shaky and cracked on every few syllables.

Keith gave him a small smile, removing his hands from the slightly taller boy. “No need to apologize, is everything okay?”

Lance didn’t respond, he simply cast his gaze towards the ground.   Should I tell him? What would he say? He probably already thinks I’m a loser and that I cry over everything. He moved his gaze upwards towards the boy. Keith looked worried but not the stressful type of worry more of a concern for someone. He looked like he would do anything for Lance at this very moment and thoses eyes made Lance’s heart swell even more. Yet everything came rushing back as soon as he looked at Keith. The fight, the church, the picture, everything came back to Lance in one go and Lance bite another sob back. “Am I a bad person?”

Keith blinked his eyes a few times, letting the question sink in. “No, I don’t think you are.”

“But I’ve done so many wrong things! How can I still be good?” Lance sounded hysterical and maybe he was.