Pick and choose

Yeah, I kinda forgot about that,” Lance awkwardly laughed, rolling away from Keith before sulking on the edge of the bed. Shit, how could I have forgotten about that? He placed his hands in his hair, lowering his head till his elbows were resting on his knees.  

He listened the bed creak as Keith sat up, staying near the top of the bed, his eyes glancing at Lance every few seconds.

“We can call it off, if you want.”  Keith sighed before rubbing his eyes, preparing for whatever answer Lance might give him. “I guess we can be the shortest relationship in the ent-”

“We’re not breaking up.” Lance’s voice was cold and Keith fought back a few shivers.

Keith turned his head towards the tanner boy, “are you sure?! This goes against everything that you believe in.”

Lance nodded a few times, “I know but I want, actually no I need to make this work alright? Look,” Lance turned his head towards the other boy, “I like you and I don’t want to live without you in my life and not just as a friend either. I’ve realized that I need you to be more than just that, I’m not content with that, at all.” He focused at Keith a few moments longer before continuing his staring contest with his carpet.

Keith smiled slightly, sliding over closer to Lance, his hand ghostly over Lance’s hair. “I want that too, but you already knew that.” He chuckled slightly, Lance remained unmoved and Keith frowned slightly at him. “Can you look at me?”

Lance shook his head slightly and kept his face downcasted. “Just give me a minute,” his voice was muffled and Keith barely understood what he even said.

“Um, just take your time,” Keith climbed behind Lance and started to rub Lance’s shoulders awkwardly, ignoring how tense his muscles felt under his white and blue shirt and he hummed slightly in response.

“Thank you,” Lance rolled his shoulders against Keith’s palms and closed his eyes, removing the carpet from his vision. What should I do? How should I even approach this issue?! Agh! Why is this so difficult?!

“Lance? Please don’t stress this too much, it’s going to be okay.” Keith attempted to make his voice as soft as possible in hopes to comfort his boyfriend.

Lance nodded, finally pulling his head off his hands. “How can you say that so naturally?! This is honestly the biggest cock block in my entire life right now and you’re telling me not to stress?!” Lance raised his voice slightly, anger threatening to spill over until he look back and saw Keith’s face. Scared was the first word that Lance thought of and he immediately started throwing apologizes towards the other boy.  “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to raise my voice or take my anger out on you.”