Prologue

Do you believe in fantasies or fairytales? well, this is the one story that history shall not forget. Many years ago, Orlais is undergoing a Civil War, threatening the stability of southern Thedas. The Circle of Magi have rebelled against the oppressive Templars in a bid of independence, leading to an all-out war. In a last-ditch effort for peace, Divine Justina V has orchestrated the Divine Conclave- a peace summit between the ambassadors of the Templars and the rebel mages for the purpose of negotiating a peaceful compromise.

However, the peace was disrupted when a massive explosion destroyed the conclave along with the people who were attending the peace summit and Divine Justina. Among the attendants, there's one girl whose life was about to change when she attended the Conclave. This girl is called Serana Trevelyan, the youngest child of Bann Trevelyan and her life was about to change drastically...

SERANA'S POV

I started to regain consciousness and I felt my left hand heating up a little. I opened my eyes and I got on my hands and knees and I rubbed my head with my right hand. I looked around and I was shocked at my surroundings. I carefully stood up on my feet and I looked around some more.

"Where am I?"

I mumbled to myself and I heard a spark like sound from my hand and I looked at my left hand. I was shocked when I saw it and it felt sore. I flinched a little and I looked at my surroundings again and I then thought to myself.

'What's going on? where am I? how did I even get here?'

I stopped clutching my left hand and I decided to hurry up and get out of here. I looked up and I saw a bright light and I knew that had to be my way out. I started to make my way towards the exit and as I got closer to the exit, I was about to climb until I heard some noises behind me. I looked over my shoulder and I saw spiders chasing me. My eyes widen and I started to climb as fast as I could. I kept looking over my shoulder a few times hoping that I wasn't going to get caught.

As I got closer to the top I saw a woman and she had a golden colour surrounding her. She reached out her hand to me and I used my left hand to reach her hand and when I did a bright green light surrounded me and then I fell to the ground. I got on my hands and knees and I started to feel weak all over. I collapsed onto the ground and I started to lose consciousness. I could faintly hear the sound of soldiers approaching me and I then blacked out.

TIME SKIP...

I slowly opened my eyes and I felt myself in a sitting position and both of my hands felt heavy and I also felt something around my wrists. Once I opened my eyes fully, I was in a dungeon and there were some guards watching over me as they pointed their spears at me. I looked down and my wrists were chained together. I was confused where I was and how I got here until I looked at the palm of my hand until that green spark appeared and I shouted in pain. I looked at my hand again and I was really shocked and confused how this happened.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and I saw two women appeared. One was wearing armour and the other looked like a spy. The guards saw them and then they stopped pointing their spears at me. I looked at them both and then the one wearing the armour knelt down to me and she asked me.

"Tell me why we shouldn't kill you now? The conclave is destroyed, everyone who attended is dead, except for you."

I was shocked when she said this and I asked her.

"What do you mean everyone is dead?"

She grabbed my left wrist and she demanded.

"Explain this."

She released my wrist after the green sparks appeared and I then said to her.

"I-I can't."

"What do you mean you 'can't'?"