Closing The Rift

READER'S POV

I followed Cassandra through the snow and she was explaining to me about what happened and who we were meeting up with. As we were walking on the pathway, I suddenly a sharp pain in my left hand and I stumbled a little and I fell on to my knees as I clutched my hand in pain. Once the pain subsided, Cassandra came over to me and she helped me to my feet.

"The pulses are coming faster now."

I looked at my hand and I was a bit angry that it was hurting me. I followed after Cassandra and she said to me.

"The larger the breach grows, the more rifts appear, the more demons we face."

"How did I survive the blast?"

"They said you... stepped out of a rift, then fell unconscious. They say a woman was in the rift behind you, no one knows who she was, everything farther in the valley was laid waste, including the Temple of scared Ashes. I suppose you'll see soon enough."

We then picked up the pace since we didn't know how much longer we have until the breach swallows the world. Cassandra and I ran across the bridge and just when we were about to reach the other side a green beam appeared out of nowhere and destroyed the bridge causing me and Cassandra to fall onto the frozen river. I sat up a little and then I saw another green light appear and then a demon appeared.

"Stay behind me!"

Cassandra shouted as she charges at the demon. I looked in front of me and there was another demon emerging from a portal. I looked around and I saw twin daggers resting against the chest I rushed over to them and I grabbed them. I walked towards the demon and I spun my twin daggers before standing in a fighting stance.

Cassandra and I fought against the demons until they were all killed. Cassandra killed the last demon and I looked around before speaking up.

"It's over."

Cassandra walked over to me and she pointed her sword at me.

"Drop your weapon, Now!"

"All right, have it your way."

I said as I was about to put down my daggers but then Cassandra stopped me.

"Wait."

Cassandra sheathed her sword and shield and she then said to me.

"I cannot protect you and I cannot expect you to be defenceless."

I sheathed my twin daggers behind my back before Cassandra looked back at me.

"I should remember you agreed to come willingly."

Cassandra gave me some of her healing potions and we then continued to fight against the demons and Cassandra leading me to the camp she mentioned earlier. As we were running along the path we heard fighting in the distance and Cassandra then said to me.

"We're getting close to the rift, you can hear fighting."

"Who's fighting?"

"You'll see soon, we must help them."

We got to the source of the fight and I saw people fighting against the demons and there was a large crystal or whatever it was in the centre. I didn't have time to ask questions, so Cassandra and I charged at the demons and we helped them. Once the demons were gone, the elf grabbed my wrist and he said to me.

"Quickly, before more come through!"

He shouted as he placed my left hand on the green core and then it suddenly disappeared. I looked at him shocked and I asked him.