Champions Of The Just

SERANA'S POV

It was night time at Haven and I had just received another letter from my Father. I smiled at the letter when he mentioned that he's glad that I'm alive and he's forgiven me as well after our little fight before this whole mess started. Father also mentioned that Leyla loves the wedding present that I sent to her, which were two beautiful heart shaped necklaces that were for her and her new husband. Sophie is still the same rebellious brat I remember and she's still finding ways to horse ride without Father noticing her.

I smiled sadly when Father had mentioned that he's grateful to have Adam's ashes sent back to Ostwick, Adam is my little brother. I sat down on the chair as I remembered the last time I saw Adam and it broke my heart that I'll never see him again. Just then there was a knock on the door and once it opened, Cullen came in.

"Evening, Serana, I thought you were asleep by now."

"I will in a second, but, I just received word from home, it took Father a while but he's finally replied back to me."

I showed Cullen the letter and he had a read at it. He was surprised when he saw the part about my brother.

"I didn't know you had a little brother, how old was he before he...?"

"He was only eighteen and he was a Templar in training so, before the Conclave blew up, Adam decided to follow me to the temple so that he can observe how a Trevelyan handles the negotiations but, that backfired so Leliana and I headed back to the temple with her spies and then we were able to find what was left of his body."

Cullen was surprised when he heard me telling him about my brother.

"I'm sorry I asked now."

"It's all right, but, I'm glad he's back home in Ostwick with my Father and sisters."

Cullen smiled at me when I said this. Cullen looked at the war table and he noticed that my knife was stabbed into the location where the Templars and Lord Seeker were in. Cullen looked at me surprised and he asked me.

"You've made up your mind about who's going to help us with the Breach?"

"Of course, I was going to go for the mages but, no offence to them, I don't trust them entirely and besides, I've always been loyal to the Ostwick Templars and knowing Father, he would have made the same choice if he were in my shoes."

Cullen smiled at me and he said to me.

"I'd say that's a wise choice, Serana, but, are you absolutely sure?"

"Of course, like I said before, I've always been loyal to the Templars even though I'm trained to be an assassin."

Cullen smiled at me and he then placed his hand on top of mine and he said to me.

"I don't care what you were trained as all that matters is closing the Breach and with you and the Templars on our side, it's possible."

I smiled at Cullen and then we couldn't stop staring at each other's eyes. Just then, the door opened making Cullen release my hand and I went back to looking at the letter and Cullen looked at the reports. Leliana was the one who came in and she then said to us.

"Did I interrupt something?"

"No, not at all, we were just chatting about what's happening tomorrow and I thought I should let you know that the Templars are going to help us with the Breach, I'll tell you and the others in the meeting tomorrow, now if you'll excuse me."

I said as I left the room leaving Cullen and Leliana alone.

3RD PERSON POV

After (Y/n) left, Leliana looked at Cullen with a smirk and he looked at her confused.