The Threat Remains

SERANA'S POV

I had a word with Mother Giselle and then Solas, Vaaric, Cassandra and I headed back to Haven to inform the others about what Mother Giselle told us. However, when we got back, I saw a few of the mages and templars arguing and blaming one another for who killed the Divine. 

"You're kind killed the Most Holy!"

"Lies! your kind let her die!"

"Shut your mouth Mage!"

The Templar soldier was about to unsheathe his sword until Cullen managed to butt in.

"Enough!

"Knight Captain!"

"That is not my title. We are not Templars any longer. We are all part of the Inquisition!"

Cullen said to the mages and templars. I stood there with amazement when he said this and then Chancellor Rodwick showed up and he said to Cullen.

"And what does that mean, exactly?"

"Back already, Chancellor? haven't you done enough?"

"I'm curious, Commander, as to how your inquisition and it's 'Herald' will restore order as you've promised."

"Of course you are."

Cullen said annoyingly while I stood there frowning at him. Cullen looked at the other villagers and he said to them.

"Back to your duties, all of you!"

I stood there while secretly admiring Cullen. I learnt more about Cullen's childhood, he told me that he grew up in Honnleath, he misses his family since he joined the Templar Order when he was thirteen. Cullen might be a bit obsessive at times when it comes to the Inquisition but underneath that dedication, he's a genuine and kind-hearted man. 

I smiled at Cullen and then Vaaric spoke up.

"Looks like somebody has a crush on our commander."

I blushed a little and I glared at Vaaric.

"I do not have a crush on Cullen, you are imaging things, anyway, we've got bigger issues to worry about."

I said as I entered the building and I called a meeting with the advisors and Cassandra. I told the others about what Mother Giselle told me and then Josephine spoke up.

"Having the Herald address the clerics is not a terrible idea."

"You can't be serious."

"Mother Giselle isn't wrong: at the moment, the Chantry's only strength is that they are united in opinion."

Cullen shook his head and scratched the back of it while Lelianna spoke up.

"And we should ignore the danger to the Herald?"

"Let's ask her."

I had a thought about it and I then said to them.

"I'm more concerned this won't actually solve any problems."

"I agree, it just lends  to the idea that we should care what the chantry serves."

Cassandra nodded her head in agreement and she then spoke up.

"I will go with her, Mother Giselle said she could provide names? use them."

Cassandra said to Lelianna and she tried asking her.

"But why? this is nothing but a-"

"What choice do we have, Lelianna? Right now, we can't approach anyone for help with the Breach, use what influence we have to call the clerics together. Once they are ready, we will see this through."