CHAPTER 18: Wrong Place, Wrong Time

VANESSA

"Five years! That is a really long time!"

"Yeah!", I tried to forget how uncomfortable this topic made me. I had told Adrian about Jacob but I guessed I shouldn't have. He was dating Rebecca, he would come to know what happened...

What if he asked Rebecca about our college story? What if she told him about the later part? I had so many questions, so many doubts...

"We're home.",Adrian said as we pulled up into the driveway.

This had been a really long day so I just went up to my room, changed into my pyjamas and went to sleep.

ADRIAN

6th December

Yesterday went pretty well. I was really surprised that Vanessa and I had a conversation and survived a dinner without throwing knives at each other.

I didn't really get her though. I thought Casey was spoilt but she is a few notches above that. I really wish that her house gets renovated soon...

I took out a white shirt, blue suit and a light pink tie. I got dressed and headed down for breakfast. As usual, everyone was seated but there was one person whom I was eagerly waiting for but he was unfortunately missing.

I asked Charlotte, "Where's Kevin?"

She just goofily smiled. Ok! Like always this meant that he was hiding somewhere and I had to find him. So, I began looking around until my eyes fell upon a very irregular vase.

"Haha! Caught you!", I said as I pulled Kevin out from behind the vase.

"Nooooooooooo!!! It took me hours to find a good hiding spot."

"We will play later , I promise but first finish your breakfast. Ok?"

Kevin nodded and hopped back on to his chair next Charlotte. I too, sat down and took two slices of toasted bread with butter and a glass of mixed fruit juice.

A minute later, Vanessa came into the dinning room, trying to wear her shoe and not trip at the same time. She picked a sandwich and was about to leave when my mom asked, "Where are you off to so early?"

"Conrad. I have to get the decoration finalised and put up by tomorrow. I better get going."

"We are headed to Nate's in the evening, Vanessa.", Will said.

"I know. Don't wait for me. I'll get there once I am done with work. Bye! Love you dad!", Vanessa said as she walked out of the mansion. Once I finished my breakfast, I too took my stuff and left after refusing to go over for my aunt's birthday party.

■■■

I had been waiting for Rebecca for a while now. I met her last saturday at the club party which apparently ended in me taking my drunk sisters home.

My new secretary, Mrs. Ludwig opened my office door to let Rebecca in. She looked amazing in that short backless blue dress and high heels. We were surely in for a lot of fun tonight...

She walked up to my table and sat on top of it, looking at me seductively.

"What?", I asked her.

"I am just thinking about how much longer can you resist me."

"Ah! We aren't going to be playing this game, are we?", I smirked.

"Maybe.",Rebecca twirled a lock of her hair playfully.

"Let's see whose tolerance is better then.",I said as I got up to leave, "Come on, let's take this somewhere quiter. "

I drove us home and it would be a lie if I said that I could resist her but I never lose a challenge and I was not going to change that now.

All the lights were off and no one was home. Perfect! I sat on the sofa as Rebecca poured herself and me a drink.

"You are hell bent on winning this, I see.", Rebecca said as she gave me my glass and sat beside me.

"I am.", I said as I downed my glass of whiskey. I set my glass down and challenged her, "The heater is on and it is really warm in here. Help me with my shirt, will you? "

She smirked and slowly unbuttoned my shirt down. She looked at me up and down and swore under her breath as her lips came crashing onto mine.

I helped her out of her dress and tightened my grip around her waist as I pulled her on top of me. I slowly kissed her, moving to the neck and down and she bit her lip but then...

The lights switched back on!

FUCK!

It was Vanessa staring at us in horror, as the pizza slice in her hand slipped and fell right on top of my carpet! Why can't she ever, EVER leave me alone ?

A/N:😂😂😂😂
Timing is a bitch!
Poor Vanessa but wait, wasn't she supposed to be at Nate's?
Hmmm...interesting!😉