CHAPTER 58: Liquid Temper

A/N: Look who is back! By the way, the next chapter might not be up this week since I am on a trip and I accidentally dropped my phone in the ocean😳...you have no idea how I have even managed to update this chapter. Anyways, enjoy.

Love you all😍😍

VANESSA

"Did something happen between you and Adrian?", Bryan inquired.

"What do you mean?",I asked nonchalantly.

"Well...I am just trying to find the cause behind Adrian's firing a shit ton of people from the office. There are just two people in this world who could make him that angry, as far as I know. Since his dad is still on bed rest, I thought the fight might have happened with you.", Bryan said, from the other end of the phone.

"Why didn't you ask him rather than guessing it's me?", I said, trying to avoid his question.

"Do I want to get killed? Ever since he has found out that I have been seeing Charlotte, he has been distant so until he finally accepts my dating his sister, I'd rather not interact with him when he is angry."

"Umm...well he kind of found out that I was seeing Blake tonight.",I sighed.

"So? Blake is your boyfriend, you can do that."

"Yeah! But not after I kissed Adrian.", I bit my lower lip, anticipating Bryan's reaction.

"You...WHAT!", he screamed.

"I know, it was a stupid thing to do and probably even selfish. I just...suddenly everything in my life is revolving around Blake, his lies and his schemes but when I was with Adrian last night, everything was so peaceful and quiet, I guess I just wanted a little bit of comfort and happiness before all hell broke loose, again. But then I made the stupid decision of calling Blake while I was still inside the penthouse and ruined everything."

"Holy shit! But why did he kiss you back? As far as he knows, you are with Blake.", Bryan said.

"I don't know. Too much to drink I guess or maybe he might have figured that I would break up with Blake after, anyway.", I said, turning the car in the direction the GPS pointed towards.

"So you could be meeting up with Blake to do that, right?",Bryan asked.

"I tried to tell him that but the tone of my conversation with Blake gave it away."

"Tone of...you mean flirting?"

"Yeah! That.", I sighed, "Anyways, let's get back to what we are here for. Adrian, we can handle later.",I shook my head," I am reaching Blake's house in a couple of minutes. I hope you remember what we have planned."

"Remember? I have it memorised."

"In that case, what can go wrong, right?", I said uneasily.

The moment I stopped outside Blake's house, I started feeling that this was all a bad idea.

"What if he doesn't confess?", I asked, uncertainty suddenly hitting me like a train.

"He has to. Just get him high enough and try not to piss him off, in any case."

Blake's house, more like a giant manor was outside the city. When I said quiet place, he really did find a quiet place. A little too quiet maybe. This, according to the map was the only property here. The closest one would be a flying club but that was a good five minutes away.