CHAPTER 43: Rain On My Parade

ADRIAN

I had had quite a few drinks already but I wanted to leave before I was too drunk. Elysa was busy dancing so I decided not to bother her and went straight out of the pub.

While I was just thinking about where I was going to stay, I heard someone laughing. Even in my tipsy state, I recognised her voice. I remembered that she had asked me to pull her out of the party so that is what I decided to do.

I went over to where the sound came from, just to find her in Blake's arms, slow dancing to I don't know what. Maybe if I hadn't had so many drinks, that were screwing with my mind, I wouldn't have reacted in the way I did. I pulled Vanessa away from him.

"Dude, what the hell?", Blake scowled.

"She asked me to take her back when I left.", I said placidly.

"She asked you?"

"Yes, she asked me.", I said, almost as if it was a badge of honour.

"I think you have lost your senses. If there is anyone she is going with, it's me. I don't trust your manwhore self with her."

"So much concern? You both dating or what?", I countered his insult.

"Actually, we are. I asked her out and she accepted."

"Uh! You take advantage of a drunk girl and then say she isn't safe with me?"

"She agreed to my proposal in broad daylight."

She did? She was going to date him, this jerk. I wouldn't have been so mad at her if she decided to even date Bryan, but him?

"I don't know about that. All I know is that she asked to get her out of here.", I said, tastelessly.

Vanessa and I really needed to talk about this. It spoiled me mood to even see her talk to him, let alone date him.

"You her bodygaurd or something? I mean that would be a profession you'd be the best at because I'll never take it up. ", he laughed.

He had no idea what it took me not to punch him in his face, square.

"Well, your dad doesn't have links in that line. Even if you took it up, you'd remain anonymous."

"Maybe I could ask your dad for help. You know, he would help me in that too, just like he helped me get the businessman of the year title."

That was it. I lost it. He pushed my buttons and I let him.

I just regretted using Vanessa as my shield, when I spat," Atleast I am not a fool to go around being two-timed and not realising it."

"Excuse me?"

"What? Oh! You don't know? Vanessa dearest, has been sleeping with me.", I said, pointing to the girl who was now sitting on the floor, about to pass out.

"You think I am going to believe that."

"Your loss if you don't. Go check the registers and ask the receptionist, who she checked in with.", I smirked and then lifted Vanessa in my arms to get out of there.

I didn't give it a second thought, the words I blurted out. No one should bring my issues with my dad up, it always brought out the worst in me.

■■■

The moment I opened the door, I knew I was in for trouble.

"How could you?", she said, loud enough for it to echo across the hallway.

I motioned her to come inside the room.

"Nope. I am standing right here.", she said stubbornly.

"If you create a scene, I will shut the door."