Results Contest #7

This past theme was I think a favorite and so many people entered. I had AMAZING poems, that were just breathtaking. Poems that made me "aww", poems that made me cry, poems that were truly written from the heart. I think the theme of writing love letters, really opened a door to you guys sharing your emotions and heartbreak, pain, misery, and desires. I got to see a little perspective into a vast variety of people's lives and that was amazing, and is one of the great things to running this contest. I really encourage you to read other people's poems in the comments, it's quite an experience. Today's contest winners all scored perfect tens and there was no question when reading them that they were going to place.

In 3rd Place...

Username: HopeF0rTomorow

Dear you,
You with the sweet smile, golden hair and piercing blue eyes
Appearance of an angel yet you were the devil in disguise.
Kissed cheeks, bunches of flowers
But that was the way only for a few hours
A flying punch, two black eyes
Too many emergency room visits, pleaded cries
''I was in a bad mood''
Your voice would be so calm and smooth
You shoved me back on 'our' bed
I never wished so much to be dead
Your breath on my neck
Your hand up and down my back
But that was ok wasn't it? I didn't protest
The police didn't care, just wished me the best
But karma has its ways, it'll get you someday
And that will be the day I will be able to say:
"I'm a survivor because I beat the odds"
Sincerely,
Your "toy"

Comment: I really liked how you conveyed the story, how it flowed. I loved the last line it added that surge of hope. You were creative with the signing and added "your toy", which I though was a nice touch to the letter and fit with the theme. It had a really aggressive and sassy tone which I think fit this letter. The descriptive words you used were great and metaphors, it brought the poem clarity and style. Great job.

In 2ncd Place...

Username: thewordsworthera

Dear no name woman,
I write you this letter of love
and the words may not make perfect sense
the night is dark, the sky lonely above like my befuddled thoughts, emotions dense.

To say i miss you, would be gravely unjust
because we miss those, who we love and adore
We consumed ourselves for the thirst of our lustlike the hungry waves kissing the waiting shore.

I know not, how to put in wordsthe fire of raw passion
which set our lips ablaze
as slowly we melted into one
when i descended deep in your mascara clad eyes
staring into nothingness
as they glistened in glaze.

It felt something special or maybe i am a little too much of an optimist.
Addiction of you'd, make many men poets
but my intoxicated heart could not resist
so mounting my fantasies on the wings of doveI send your way, my letter of love.

Sincerely,
Yours victim.

Comment: This was the poem that I had wanted and expected to get. It was deep and had this romantic almost sorrowful tone. Honestly this was great. The passionate, raw details. I think everyone who reads this will afterwards go wow. Marvelous, terrific, beautiful poem. Hope to see more of your poems.

In 1st Place...

Username: Akenaru

Dear almost lover,
I thought I could be loved,
To have you shoulder my burdens,
To fill the hole of infinite emptiness.

Instead
You left me to bleed,
Leaving me unremedied
From relentless heartbreak,
And the dread to wake.

Once more the limbo continues.
Once more I'm left in perpetual desolation.
A living corpse without thoughts,
With affection as the only thing I sought.

Like glass, my heart dissipated,
With each touch, the pieces shatteredInto pieces nobody could mend.
I'll keep playing pretend,
All for shrouded emotions void of truth.

I saw you once more,
Underneath my breath I swore.
Mind games I had to endure from before,
Wilted my petals so pure.

The advice I heed,
To the next,
Don't lean back if there's no wall, To catch you when you fall.

Yours Truly,
A girl heaving through corrupted lungs, with a bleeding heart still beating.

Comment: I loved the rawness and emotions felt in your poem. After I read it I just had to say damn. The emotions meant to be expressed were executed so flawless and effortless. The similie for your heart being broken so much that it cannot be mend is a message that I have tried for so long to write without it sounding so overly complicated and you managed to spread that message across so perfect and clear. The details and amazing one liners like "A girl heaving through corrupted lungs, with a bleeding heart still beating." Is what lead this poem to first place. One of the best poems I have read in this contest.