2

Steve picked me up shortly after I'd fallen over, the man who'd dropped me was still holding the bag attatched to my forearm.

He attatched it to a metal stand as Steve scratched behind my ears.

I purred loudly.

"Can I take her?" he asked, rubbing my jaw.

I closed my eyes, it felt nice.

"If she eats, then we'll discuss it. She'll be very high-maintanence until she gets better though, very time-consuming," the man explained.

Steve looked over to the man, who was now nursing his scratches, "I'll take care of her, I have a lot of time on my hands," he promised.

Steve put me back onto the table, with me laying on my side.

I mewed as Steve backed away from me, I stood shakily and faced him.

I heard something metal meet the counter behind me with a loud noise.

I jumped up, puffing up my fur and hissing at the man I'd scratched.

He put up his hands innocently, "Sorry," he offered the apology, looking sheepish.

The man poured a small amount of hard cat food into the bowl, it clanged loudly. He then grabbed a tube and pushed some paste on the top of the food.

I flattened my ears again.

"This is extremely high in calories, it'll help her gain weight and help her stomach expand as well," he told Steve as he nudged the bowl towards me with his finer.

I sniffed at it, it didn't look or smell appetizing. I looked back at the man expectantly, "I thought you were going to feed me," I meowed at him, obviously displeased.

He frowned at me, "I don't think she wants to eat Captain," the man said, extending his hand to touch me.

I growled and latched my claws into his hand again.

He recoiled, holding his hand.

"I don't think she likes you very much," Steve informed him as he removed my claws from the other man's hand.

"Maybe she doesn't like cat food?" Steve offered as a suggestion.

The man left the room in a hurry, leaving the door wide open.