31

The three of us piled into the quinjet.

Steve took the drivers seat, I sat with Bucky in the back.

Steve glanced out the window before moving the jet faster.

I hopped off of Bucky's lap and hopped onto the dash to see what was going on.

Vision's yellow beam flew past the jet, I growled and looking back to see Rhodey fall...

Sam and Tony both went diving after him.

They didn't reach him, I flattened my ears.

Steve glanced over at me and scratched my ears before putting the jet on autopilot.

Bucky was still sitting in the back quietly.

It took an other few hours, but we got wherever Steve had wanted to go, without the rest of the team.

I wondered if Rhodey was okay...

Steve started messing with the landing mechanisms while Bucky grabbed a rifle from the storage box.

The two stood side by side as the hatch opened, I perched on Steve's shoulder.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked as he looked over at Bucky.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hotdogs?" Bucky asked with a laugh.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead," Steve told him with a nod.

"What was her name again?" Bucky asked.

"Dolores, you called her Dot,".

Bucky looked at me, I bapped Steve on the head with my paw, both of them chuckled at me.

"She's gotta be like a hundred years old right now," Bucky told him incredulously.

Steve put a hand on his shoulder, "So are we pal," Steve agreed before he started to walk towards the base in front of us.

It was cold and I hated it.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours," Steve told us, the doors to the base were open.

"Long enough to wake them up," Bucky told him, on high alert.

He let Steve take the lead into the base, we ended up in an elevator, going deep within the mountain the base was stationed on.