33

As we turned down another corridor, "I got heat signatures," Tony told us, we all stopped.

"How many?" Steve asked, putting his shield back up.

I went back behind Bucky's legs.

"Uh... One," Tony told us as we walked further down the hall, into an open room. Which lit up to reveal six glass tanks, all of which had a bullet hole in the glass.

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep," a voice came over an intercom.

I growled. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?" the voice asked.

Bucky seemed very uncomfortable as we walked past the glass tanks, there was a person inside each with a bullet-hole in their skull.

"What the hell?" Bucky muttered to himself, my tail twitched in agreement.

"I'm grateful to them though, they brought you here," the voice said again. I didn't like this voice.

Tony went on the defensive while Steve threw his shield at a small, lit up window with a face in it.

"Please Captain, the Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets,".

I growled and trotted towards the door, you still need air don't you?

Steve watched me go, so did Bucky and Tony.

They said nothing of it and neither did the guy behind the door.

It didn't take long for me to find a vent to crawl in, this place was so worn down that the covers were broken.

I slipped through easily.

"I'm betting I could beat that," Tony called.

"Oh, I'm sure you could Mr. Stark, given time. But then you'd never know why you came,".

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve asked, his voice fading as the man's voice got closer.

"I've thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you, I followed you, but now that you're standing here... I just realized there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw,".

I came to a vent hatch that wasn't broken, I could see the guys legs.

I just need to get through this thing...