16

Chaos followed not long after one of Tony's robots gave a speech saying, "How, how could you be worthy?" it asked, "You're all killers,".

Steve continued to stare at it. "Stark," was all he said, asking Tony an unasked question.

"JARVIS," was all Bruce had to say.

The robot continued to talk, "I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or, I was a dream,".

My fur started to fluff up as Tony started talking into one of his tablets to get rid of the robot.

"Such a loud noise, and I was tangled in... strings. Had to kill the other guy, he was such a nice guy,".

Everyone was concerned now, "You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call, but out in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices,".

Thor decided to ask questions now, "Who sent you?" was his main concern.

The robot spoke in Tony's voice, "I see a suit of armor around the world,".

Something seemed to click in Bruce's head, "Ultron," he realized.

"In the flesh, or not yet. Not this chrysalis, but I'm ready. I'm on a mission," it told us proudly.

"What mission?" Natasha asked, starting to stand.

"Peace of our time," the robot told us before more robots like it broke from behind glass.

We all scattered.

I ran under a table as more of Tony's robots started to attack us.

Glass filled the pads of my paws as I ran around the room, panicking as everything I took shelter under was thrown around the room and broken.

I yowled loudly as one of the robots grabbed me by my tail.

Steve's shield hit it in the face not long after that. Steve appeared next to me, picking me up and putting me behind the bar.

Natasha and Bruce were hiding behind it.

I curled up on one of the shelves, my fur completely fluffed up.

Natasha reached out and grabbed me by my scruff, tucking me against her chest as she and Bruce ran.

Steve and the others finished the fight.

It didn't take long though, Thor killed the last robot as it tried to give a speech, "That was dramatic, I'm sorry. I know you mean well, you just didn't make it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it changed. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? But this chrysalis... There's only one path to peace. The Avengers extinction,". That was all it was allowed to say as Thor threw his hammer, shattering it to pieces.

"I had strings, but now I'm free," was the last thing the robot said before it faded.