Chapter 3 - The Hunt

Y/N's POV

I was dressed in my templar suit, feeling a bit cocky and overpowered.

I rode the horse around town lightly, trying to forget what had happened last night, letting the breeze brush my face.

A saw a turn of dust from the corner, suspicious, I trot over there slowly, seeing Ezio run down the alleyway on a horse.

I felt my heart sink a little, as I rode after him without hesitation.

I want to be worthy of my Father's love, or else I would dishonor him. I will not fail him.

 I sped after Ezio, kicking the horse in the side every now and then to speed it up, Ezio had taught me that 2 years ago... it felt like just yesterday.

Ezio had noticed me behind him, but he didn't recognize it was me, just a templar onto him.

Ezio's horse started to tire first, He started to kick at it more, pushing its limits, he eventually came to a pack of stairs and leapt off the horse, jumping over the ledge onto the stairs, he jumped over the last railing as I started to catch up, he went on foot now, and I followed on foot.

He started to scale walls, thinking as if I was like the other Templars. But Ezio had trained me when we were younger. 

I scaled the wall after him and he kept running, I finally got to see up close. He was covered in wounds and didn't have any ammo, that's why he was running.

He looked a little dizzy as he ran until suddenly he slipped.

He started to fall off the side of the building until I grabbed his hand.

We both paused for a minute, Ezio's eyes were clenched, preparing for the worst.

It took him a moment to realize he had been saved, looking over at me, we started at each other in the eyes for a moment, until I realized he may be noticing who it really is under the scarf around my mouth. I pulled him back up, and he tripped, falling back on his ass and grunting. he was very dizzy.

I pulled out a pack of medicine for him and passed it to him, he barely caught it and immediately took it. He looked up at me in confusion, "misterioso Donna? (Mysterious woman?) What are you doing?" He asked.

I froze. He was right, what am I doing? was I showing mercy to the man that I must kill? I sighed, knowing what I must do. I pulled out my sword and he flinched, the medicine hasn't had enough time to heal him yet.

He went pale as I walked closer to him with the sword that he was eyeing down, he looked up into my eyes and I could see he might just cry. he's terrified. It is an unfair fight.

I kept hesitating, I grunted, "Ah! get a grip!" I cursed to myself.

Ezio smirked, he reached out to my hand, looking at me like a kicked puppy. I was confused and gave him my hand, he then smirked wider and kissed my hand, kissing more up to my wrist. I blushed heavily at what he was doing.

No. No. No. I need to kill him.

I pulled out my sword lunging at him but stopped myself. I sigh in frustration and retreat, climbing down the building down to a nearby horse and riding off into the night. Why can't I man up and kill him?

Ezio's POV

Looks like flirting saved my life?? I guess? I saw a weak spot and took it. Although the scarf she was wearing was so familiar to me. Its like I have seen it before.

I honestly don't know why the woman wouldn't back off though, she chased me down a flight of stairs. Like no lazy-ass, Templar would do that.

I sigh, leaning back and resting for a bit, out of that intense moment. I was about to die. fuck, I need to train... but she looked familiar in a way... Who is she?