Chapter 17 - Break

Ezio's POV

I looked over on the other side of the bed, it had been a few weeks since the confrontation. 

How (Y/N) reminds me of Christina sometimes is faint, but I am having trouble moving on. I don't want to talk to (Y/N) about it, she's my girlfriend and I shouldn't talk about my ex to her. I won't lie, I loved Christina with all my heart, and (Y/N) with the same love. But there is always this fear.

What if (Y/N) gets hurt? and it's my fault? what type of boyfriend would I be? Seeing that she is a Templar (not sure anymore though) she is more exposed to the assassin-templar war... I don't want to screw this up again like I had before. What if I'm using her as a rebound and I don't realize it? What if I'm ruining our friendship!! I can't lose all our history together!

I sighed. The possibility of maybe-- ugh. I can't think straight.

I gripped onto my forehead, I sat on the couch irritated. (Y/N) had left to go see Leo a while ago, she said she feels a bit sick. 

But I just can't get over this ever-growing fear. I am an assassin. I swore to avenge my brothers and father, and having a relationship in the middle seems too stressful. Besides, I would be a horrible boyfriend, always on the brink of death, murdering people, stealing and most wanted half the time? Trust me, I want to be there for (Y/N), but I can't help but feel like maybe we should let the relationship wait until I am finished my journey...

It's unfair of me to refuse Christina of a life together because of my duty, and then drop everything for another woman.

-2 days later- 

(Y/N)'s POV

"I'm back" I smiled, walking up to Ezio and wrapping my hands around him in a hug.

"hey..." he seemed bothered

I raise an eyebrow, pulling away from the hug but still holding his hands, "What is it?"

His fake smile faded and he looked extremely tired, "I-- I was needing to tell you..."

 I nodded, "Go on"

He stopped holding my hands and rested one of his hands on my shoulder instead, "I don't think this can work..."

I froze, feeling myself go pale, what on earth was he going on about?! I gave a nervous giggle, "not very funny, babe."

He looked down at the floor, "I'm serious." He muttered, "I am in the midst of an assassin-templar war. I have to avenge my family and I don't want to risk you like I did with Christina--"

"Enough," I grunted firmly. There was a sick churn in my stomach. He paused, looking up at me with hurt eyes.

I felt like this was all some stupid dream, it had to be! "So you are dumping me?"

He paused, a hitch in his throat, "(Y/N), I don't mean it like that-- I just think it's best because--"

I couldn't bear to hear his voice right now, things were slipping out of my mouth, "Get out."

He looked hurt. so hurt. I wanted to kiss that expression off of him, but I can't anymore can I? I hate to think that I'm causing this pain for him...

"(Y/N)--"

"OUT." I firmly stated, fire in my eyes as I pointed to the door, he choked on his spit for a second before nodding softly and looking at the ground while headed for the door.

I watched as he left.

-That night-

I was cuddled up in blankets, soaked face, as I looked at my scarf. I never knew what it was about this, I guess me and Ezio's history was in this scarf, our childhood, our fights and blood, and now my tears of heartbreak.

A pigeon dropped in, a letter attached.

Dear (Y/N),

I had been analyzing and investigating your illness, and I had finally found out what you are going through!

(Y/N). You are pregnant.

-Leo