Chapter 12 - Blades

Ezio's POV

I was shocked. my enemy pleaded death instead of mercy.

Why won't she tell me where (Y/N) is?!

This is so frustrating!! I'm ripping myself apart just by thinking of what she would have done to her!

But I had to remember...

This was the woman who showed me mercy. she gave me medicine when I was injured.

But where was (Y/N)? the girl I knew, couldn't kill her because she knew where (Y/N) was...

(Y/N).... i miss her already.

-Flashback-

Ezio: 8 / (Y/N): 7

"EZIO!" The girl yelped as she climbed through my window, I raised an eyebrow, helping her through the window

I tilt my head, "What are you doing here?" I ask. 

She frowned, "Look!" she pointed to her knee to see a large bruise.

"Oh! it will be okay!" I smile, running my hand through her hair to mess it up, she grunts and fixes her hair. I sit her down on the bed and look at the bruise, "How did this happen?" I asked.

She froze, a moment goes by before she tells me, "...well... I-- I slipped in dog pee..." she murmurs.

I laugh, "Did you wash it off?" 

She gives me a mischevious look, "..Mayyybee?" 

"Y/N!! AH!" I flinched.

She giggles, "Calm down, of course, I washed my foot! You should have seen your face!" the tables have turned. now instead of me laughing at her, she's laughing at me... but I soon find myself laughing back.

---

"Very well." I sighed. She has (Y/N) and I am ready to follow Y/N to the end of the universe, killing a kind soul in revenge is nothing to me.

I raise my hand, aiming my blade at her, as I started to pound down, her eyes and jaw clenched, tears built up and the scarf came loose.

but by the time I realized who was under the mask, I found my hand had already gone down.

I didn't hear or feel blood, I look to my hand to see it had landed right beside her face, a light scar on her face but the blade hit the concrete floor, my focus must of went off when I realized. 

"Y--Y/N!?!" I jump off of her.

Her eyes widened at her name and she sat up immediately. "E-Ezio..."