Chapter 9 - Truth

Y/N's POV

"Well?" Ezio impatiently tapped his foot on the concrete path in front of my door.

My face turned red, I was not in the mood to explain what had last happened, "Can we? uh ... can we discuss this inside?" I asked this was an attempt at stalling. Even if it would only last a few moments.

He nodded with a frustrated sigh and moved in. He walked to the couch and eased onto it, making himself at home almost immediately.

"I'm--" I didnt know how to explain. What do I say? Sorry, I kissed you and now you're in my house expecting answers?

"You're??" He imitated me.

He looked mad, who wouldnt be? I basically kissed him and then pulled out without explanation. I would be furious at myself too. "I'm sorry I kissed you... I know you don't like me like that--"

"Bullshit" He spat.

"I really am!" I yelped,

He glared at me, "I believe you are sorry. that part." He grumbled, "But the whole I don't like you is crap" 

I raised an eyebrow before coming back to what he said after revising it in my head, "I don't mean friendly like, I mean the intimate one." 

"Im not an idiota" He smirked, "I like you 'intimately' and im just pissed you pulled away and didnt tell me why!?" 

I could've sworn, my face turned into a tomato "A Little straightforward?" I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I just came into your house and made myself at home even though your dad never let me in the living room before he passed. Of course, I'm straightforward!" He laughed. I felt a weight lift off of my chest.

I giggled at his recap. He was truly an interesting man. But i stopped myself from musing, "Ezio, I pulled away because I thought you didn't like me... and Christina--" 

Ezio looked intrigued at first, but the mention of Christina's name, his face dropped. He looked like a kicked puppy, He grumbled and muttered a little which I couldn't make out the words. 

"Christina is gone." 

I pause, "Im so sorry... did she dump you?" 

he cocked his head back and groaned, "No, she didn't dump me." he put his hands over his face with a grunt, "She's being married off some other asshole!" 

I swallow in my guilt, "Then may I?" I asked, shuffling closer to him, eventually closing the gap between us.

He leaned in and our foreheads collided softly, our noses touched and his hot breath against my skin felt not only safe but warm.

What was that?

I could smell... a heavy scent of whiskey.

I placed my hands on his chest and pulled him away, "Ezio!" 

He tilted his head a little disappointed about the sudden turn, "What!?" 

"You've been drinking again!" 

"It was only a little" He giggled.

Oh my god, that giggle.

I smiled, the giggle reminded me of a few years back I tickled him in his hip and he would squirm and snicker so much sometimes he'd have a voice crack. I grinned, grabbing his shirt and pulling him close, "oh?" he muttered, wrapping his arms around my waist, an attempt to signal intimate actions would follow. But I had other ideas.

I slipping my hands up his shirt into his hip before wiggling my fingers around as he stiffened his back and laughed, begging for me to stop in between giggling. Ah! The great ticklish Ezio!

I giggled at the sight, probably as much as he did. after some more squirming, he snorted.

I paused as his hand hit his mouth. I burst out laughing, gripping my stomach. Ezio just snorted!! oh, my god!!

"it's not that funny!" He blushed, pouting.

I giggled and rolled on the floor in laughter, "That was so fucking cute!" 

He blushed heavier, "No! no! No! I am NOT cute. I am a strong assassino! You know!! MACHO!"