ENTRY #4: PROGRAMMED [Superhero + Fan Fiction] by eroplane

Programmed

by eroplane

Protect the city. Kill the enemies.

Programmed, it was the word to describe Cyborg 52 today. As he aimed his Sonic Cannon to one of the Treelurk’s four legs, his infrared sensor eye stopped him from shooting. A sign of life- maybe a little child- was directly below the Treelurk. He lunged the tree with his Laser Sword; but to no avail, he passed through his body. Treelurk was half-shadow and an embodiment of Earth and Forest, so Fire and Physical Attacks may not hurt it.

It was part of his plan, of course. He ducked and went to the signal where a sign of life was present. Alas, it was on a refrigerator. A Treelurk was about to step it; he aimed for its foot and shot it using his Sonic Cannon. He sped through and opened the refrigerator. Inside was a lone boy, hugging a brown teddy bear. What piqued his attention was his leg; it was a prosthetic plastic leg what was connected to his thigh. The boy sobbed as Cyborg carried it.

There was a part of Cyborg he cannot explain. Was it because it was human, or its prosthetic? There was a part of Cyborg that was a lie, and he cannot fathom what it was. Was he a human? No; Craig said that he was a machine to begin with, and only a part of him had human skin for the use of the human eye. Everything else of him was steel; there was no way he could be a human. He had no recollections of his past, though.

 To his surprise, the Treelurk’s missing foot was back, only to add another foot. It released a purple smoke out of its mouth, covering the whole place pitch black. He covered the boy’s nose, and flew using his Boot Jets. He scanned the whole city; about four Treelurks had been present and covered the whole place with their gas. Their green, spiky, grass hair had been evident.

He pressed a red button beside his ear. “Craig, can you hear me?”

“Yes, Cyborg 52. How are things in Lumiose?” a man with husky voice answered.

“Craig, I need reinforcements. Many of them. There are four of them here, terrorizing. Had only one sign of life.”

“I’m really sorry, Cyborg 52, but reinforcements are on Hearthome. There were just too many there. Can you imagine 20 of them bombarding one of the largest cities? It seems that they have company, too; the Justice League on North and Titans on South.”

“Who’re they?”

“Oh, just bunch of idiotic superheroes whatsoever. Don’t mind them. Remember: Protect the city, kill the enemies. Understand?”

As soon as he heard his command, his insides rolled up, his mind went blank. All he was left to do was to follow and accomplish his task. After all, he was programmed to do this. He was bound to do this.

Lumiose City was once called the “City of Light”, according to his data. Seeing the whole city pitch black, the city lost its shine. The Treelurks fed up memories of human that can be considered “happy” or “eternal”, that’s why they usually go to the crowded cities like Lumiose. They were from the shadows of Earth and Nature, that’s why their appearance was shadowy and a cursed tree.

“Mister, I’m scared,” said the boy as he dropped it on the nearest riverbank.

“If you see the smoke, cover your mouth and nose. Or, drench yourself in water,” advised Cyborg. He left the place and passed into the darkness. He applied a mask which covered his face, except for his left eye.

The ground trembled as the Treelurks move around him. They could sense the threat, and it was Cyborg. A shadow claw appeared from Cyborg’s back, which he dodged. The time he touched Earth, his feet were entangled by thorns that prevented him from moving. He used his Laser Sword to cut the thorns, but to no avail, the thorns kept on multiplying until it covered his chest.