Chapter 15

Ronnie: Okay, sorry for the late update, a lot of things happened and I can barely keep up with the tide of this semester. GRRRR . . .

Jason: —Easy—

Ronnie: I'm okay, I'm okay. *Deep breaths* Anyway, an update on my life even though no one asked for it because I need to rant:

1. I can down two and a half glasses of Black Label before the fuzz kicks in,

2. People are still calling 2P!America the forbidden lover's name,

3. *** sucks at giving schedules and announcements,

4. I can't wait for our class retreat (PLEASE MERCIFUL LORD DON'T LET THIS TURN OUT LIKE CORPSE PARTY. Shoutout to fellow Yoshiki fans out there! HE'S MY IDEA OF PERFECT . . . Don't tell Jason),

5. It's very hard to raise thousands of pesos in just three months, and

6. I'm currently infatuated with Rick Sanchez. (Bite me.*)

Jason: I'm still here.

Ronnie: I know you are, that's why I love you the most. (Charot wahaha)

You

IT FELT GREAT to walk again. You were still a little wobbly and weak so you couldn't wear heels, but with both legs finally functioning you weren't about to complain.

Mr. Luca escorted you to Ballroom A, already crowded with guests. Designer gowns and tailored suits, pearls and Rolex watches. Royalty. And you didn't know a single one of them. A few gave you that polite, well-practiced smile every heir was trained to perfect; the rest of them turned their chins away. You huffed quietly, a tiny bit embarrassed by the powder blue dress you've owned since senior high.

You reminded yourself that you were here for the twins and eighty percent of the guests were only here as a formality, strengthen connections with the Rosewaters.

A brunette in a tux glanced at you by accident. Then he did a double take. You vaguely remembered him as one of Arin's ex-boyfriends. One who tried to hook up with you behind her back. Nic Something Jr. Asshole.

Not wanting to give him any ideas, you looked away and left for your table.

Table number one was currently occupied by a guy who looked like he just stepped out of a Korean soap opera and a young woman who could be the cover girl for an issue of Sports Illustrated. You almost backed out and into the ladies' room, but then the woman smiled—not the obviously fake kind of smile, it was the "hello, pleasure to meet you, make yourself comfortable, would you like some tea?" kind of smile, the kind that eased your nerves.

"You must be [Name], please" She patted the seat on her right.

You sat down, immediately noticing that there were only three chairs at this table. You also noticed how this woman's back arched perfectly, like she'd been balancing ten books on her head since childhood.

She introduced herself. "I'm Ginika, I used to take fencing lessons with Arin and Allen. This is Joon, he used to be classmates with the twins back in Seoul."

He nodded but said nothing. Ginika laughed softly, "He's a little shy, don't take it personally. Joon's always been quiet."

You heard him grunt and Ginika's grin grew, "It's true."

Her smooth cocoa arm moved gracefully to pick up her glass of champagne. You folded your hands on your lap and started fiddling your fingers.

"The twins talk about you all the time." You ignored the sinking feeling in your stomach and shushed that annoying voice, Funny, they never told me about you or Joon. "I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. But it's nice to see you've recovered." The way she said it sounded genuine, and she seemed really interested in you.