Chapter 29- My one and only Nerd

• Dedicated to To all my wonderful readers <3

My one and only nerd

“I’m going to miss having you around” my mother gave me a warm and loving embrace as she sniffed sadly at the thought of her youngest daughter moving out of the house but I know that this is for the best. 

I laughed lightly and return her embrace “Mother I’m not moving away to the other side of the world, it’s a fifteen minutes drive I’m sure you can handle that”

She breathed out a heavy sigh and smiled at me, automatically making me smile as well. My mother’s smile had always made me feel at ease. Lifting her hand up she caressed my cheeks softly, I knew that behind that beautiful smile she was not happy about me moving out because now she won’t have anyone to tease. I guess I’m going to miss that about my mother, her constant spying on my daily life, her rant’s about how I should act more like a lady, and of course her endless flow of question about my love life.

“I know honey, it’s just that I’m worried” she said sadly.

“I’m a big girl I’m sure I can handle it beside Ty is there with me”

Her brows arched into a frown “That’s just it you’re going to live with a boy” when I thought that she would get mad at me for staying with a boy, I thought wrong. As you can already tell my mom is not your typical mother.

“I don’t know if I’m ready”

I blinked in confusion, judging by her expression she must have something crazy in mind. What did I expect?

“Ready for what exactly?” I asked in curiosity

She gasp in disbelief as she gripped my arm tightly, her determined eyes was locked into my timid one “Grand children! Pretty soon I’m going to be a granny” she cheered, her piercing voice cracking my poor eardrums. Wait, what did she say?

“Grandchildren? Mother I’m only 18” I stated bewildered by her sudden outburst.

“Don’t act so innocent Callie; you’re a girl with raging hormones living with a guy. You’re bound to do it sometime, maybe not now but it will happen” she explained as she studied her newly polished nails. I can’t believe my own mother is saying this. Again, what did I expect? This is my mother were talking about.

“Actually scratch that, maybe having grandchildren won’t be a worry after all. Since I’m an aging lady I won’t have anything to do, I can just babysit your children” my mother jump with joy from the thought “Callie dear if you can why not make twins. One boy and one girl, it will be perfect”

I couldn’t help but smile at my lunatic of a mother; it’s nice seeing her like this. Her approval of Ty and our relationship is something that I am very thankful for. But as much as I like seeing her this excited I don’t think I’m ready to have children, besides we have lots of time. Right now all I want to do is spend every minute with the man I love.